Marks on top of forks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loupe,regarding the rear sticker mate ,it is a separate item ,I have just bought one for mine ,
(don't ask ) , when the dealer fits it have a close look and check for fine air bubbles ,you only get one chance with these stickers ,and make sure they put it in the right place ( marked and measured )

Loupe,regarding the rear sticker mate ,it is a separate item ,I have just bought one for mine ,
(don't ask ) , when the dealer fits it have a close look and check for fine air bubbles ,you only get one chance with these stickers ,and make sure they put it in the right place ( marked and measured )
Ok Miffster thanks for that. Does seem odd though as White is the only colour for the Motorsport trim?
Ill get them to place the sticker over the top of the forks instead.

While I'm in a moaning mode...
WTF is going on with the chain? Looks like it was taken from a 10 year old bike!
4b3c10b03a5f330ffc36b7cc301c9bba_zpstl06vh6c.jpg

Mine used to show rust every week if it was not ridden regularly, it was also a bugger to remove and put a DID gold on.

Loupe I have checked my forks and there are no marks on them that I can see. The chain indeed is of very poor quality. With previous new bikes I normally adjust it a couple times from new and then once a year. With the BM i'm getting the spanners out weekly to adjust the chain and i'm running out of adjustment.

Thanks for checking Marzy,
I do like this bike but it was between this and the panigale. With all these problems I'm beginning to think I should have gone for it. On the upside, it's starting to sound like one

The chains were just as shit on the 2012 bikes I used to cean mine with a small wire brush on a drill as the wheel spun in gear on paddock stands but I soon bought a subaki chain

I will spend a bit of time cleaning it up again but I think I'll be replacing mine too, looks terrible

Sorry to drag this thread out but another question for you all.
Im trying to piece together these marks and I inspected the front end again.
Do the bikes come dry from the factory, as in does the brake fluid and bottles get added afterwards?
Mine looks to have been either removed or put on as there are marks on the torque head and its squint.
This would have to be removed to clamp the top with a tool as it fouls the forks.

As I thought before......Cheese springs to mind. Loupe I should get an independent inspection of your bike mate, and see what they think!

As I thought before......Cheese springs to mind. Loupe I should get an independent inspection of your bike mate, and see what they think!
Cheesed off more like.
I feel like taking it back and leaving it at this point now.
Not a great experience with an almost ?17k bike bought and paid for with hard earned, wondering why I bothered.

Just got rid of my 2015 after a month. Never got on with it from day one. When you think bmw you think quality. Not with this. The screens S##t the paints s##t could go on and on. Yes the engines a stormer but lets face it us mere mortals can't use it. So cut my losses and got a new r1. Sorry guys and gal's but the quality of this puts bmw to shame.

Just got rid of my 2015 after a month. Never got on with it from day one. When you think bmw you think quality. Not with this. The screens S##t the paints s##t could go on and on. Yes the engines a stormer but lets face it us mere mortals can't use it. So cut my losses and got a new r1. Sorry guys and gal's but the quality of this puts bmw to shame.

Yes I would agree fully plus more don't blame ya, I'm thinking of a Kawasaki on my return from holiday in June.

Great looking bike, saw one last week for the first time and really liked it.
Did you drop like a stone for px or did you get good money for the bm?

Mine was the sport without the magnesium wheels. Took a ?1500 hit. But had to do it the bmw was getting me down. Expensive mistake I know but glad I'm rid.

Mine was the sport without the magnesium wheels. Took a ?1500 hit. But had to do it the bmw was getting me down. Expensive mistake I know but glad I'm rid.

what problems did you have with it altogether shuts ?

Not going to put it down mechanically as had no problems. Only done 500 miles. It's just first time out it nearly highsided me. Not going quick may I add. As a result knocked my confidence big time. Had alot of litre bikes rsv4/zx10r's and none of them have nearly had me off. Bad things in my eyes. Paint/ panel fit and gaps/ suspension really hard/engine unbelievably vibey and rattley. Zx10r was silky smooth. just expected bmw to be better. But everyones different. Think I'm the only one not to like it. Put your leg over the new r1 if you get a chance. Feels like a push bike and the bmw feels big and numb. Can't believe there's only 5 kilo difference on paper. Feels like 25

Loupe, if it's any consolation here's a picture of mine. From an eye view it looks ok but when zoomed up close with the camera it looks bad. I've no issues with my bike but having said that I've just had the HP rearsets fitted at the first servce and on a 100 mile run yesterday I hit a couple false neutrals from 1st to 2nd and 4th to 5th, never had an issue before with the OE reaersets so the jury is out at present, some more testing before I go back to make sure I'm not being a fairy on the gear selector.

IMG_0882_zpsid4t980x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Back