Front brake failure

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpitman

Reaction score
Got my s1000rr 14 out for a blast today it's got 710 miles, just had first service so looking to give it some beans.
about 2 miles from home on my way out,the front brake stars to go spongy then no front brake at all !!!

closer inspection revels that the left hand side calliper has what appears to be iron filings in it and the brake fluid has leaked out.

anyone herd of this before?

Got my s1000rr 14 out for a blast today it's got 710 miles, just had first service so looking to give it some beans.
about 2 miles from home on my way out,the front brake stars to go spongy then no front brake at all !!!

closer inspection revels that the left hand side calliper has what appears to be iron filings in it and the brake fluid has leaked out.

anyone herd of this before?

Loss of brakes on a S1, Jesus!! Glad to hear you didn't do a bug in windshield impersonation..... :cower:

Fluid was leaking from the centre of the brembo calliper, the dealer has ordered a new one but I have had to call them to find out what's going on! At no point have they made any attempt to apologise and I'm not sure I want it back tbh.

The brembo calliper was at fault, the left hand side pad was missing completely?

sounds like nut behind the wheel rather than it being the caliper.
could it have not been not put in place correctly

Latest posts

Back