Average age of riders here

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu1888

Reaction score
The reason I ask is does anyone else feel its mostly older guys riding bikes now ( I count myself in this at 41)

when I started riding a bike in my teens and the. Went onto full license as soon as I could it was a great mix of ages guys from all walks of life who knew what a spanner was and could help fix a bike at the side of the roroad seems not many younger people are doing there tests now factors like cost of test bike insurance cost of bike the negative image the media and police like to show.

Its seems we are a dying breed ( literaly ) and get the short straw in all things from fellow road uses to the roads being a death trap ffull of pot hoholes

most dealers are not helping matters at Xmas I went in to Honda Yamaha and BMW for tee shirts type stuff ( Lorenzo Rossi pedrosa ruban ) ect cor some of my riding buddies and I never got any!!!!!!!! Honda said to look on the oz website Yamaha has a cardboard cut out of Rossi wen it was fiat Yamaha a mean wtf ....... Eh hello we are trying to
bring more people into the sport/ riding way of thinking

so ended up buying online

anyways any thots on the above feel free to add maybe am not the onlyone who thinks like this lol

25. Been riding since I was 9! Little honda CG 125, still got it, it's like 35 years old now. All my family ride bikes. Grandma, grandad (when they were alive) mum and dad (when they were younger than 60) brother and me (we both still ride).

I've got about 10people from my year of school who have their licence for the bike.

The reason I ask is does anyone else feel its mostly older guys riding bikes now ( I count myself in this at 41) l
Maybe S1000RR owners are of a certain age :eek: but I know of loads of riders here in Essex that are below 30. Anyhow you must be thinking that you are an old Git at 41 :highly_amused: Its all in the mind, im still 34 and have been for the last 20 years.... :stupid:

I've got about 10people from my year of school who have their licence for the bike.[/QUOTE]

Good man

Anyhow you must be thinking that you are an old Git at 41 :highly_amused: Its all in the mind, im still 34 and have been for the last 20 years.... :stupid:[/QUOTE]

Lol

im 57 this year been riding since I was 12 most of my mates are younger but Sunday/fair weather riders , I try and ride all year round but due to a bad off last year haven't been out as much as I would like lately.

Billy

53, been riding since I could reach the pedals.
I ride with all ages, 18 year old learners to 65+ (he won't say exactly how old he is)

You ever been on a bikesafe day, police are the opposite of negative.

You ever been on a bikesafe day, police are the opposite of negative.[/QUOTE]

MY dont mean bike police as I bike with 2 I mean in general

41, had full licence here since 08. Got a lot of critics when I did, a few said I would be dead by now. Rode 50s and 125s when I was a teenager living abroad, took my full test after 3 rides, like riding a bicycle I guess. Really pleased I waited and didn't get back into it until relatively recently, not interested in any of the macho speed freak crap I've seen on the roads, might have been sucked into it when I was younger.

I don't know any friends that ride now, a few did, either killed or scared themselves off bikes. Don't meet many younger riders, nearly always 50 years +.

Mentally 24, but 44 years old in reality. Raced off-road as a very young kid and passed my full bike test way back in 1996 (before they changed the test rules). A week later, I bought my first road bike, which was a beautiful black & silver GSXR750 Slingshot - seems mad now, but I never dropped it once, never came near to crashing but I was getting my knee down on it easily within 6 months. My heart misses a beat whenever I see one and would love to have a go on one again.

I'm 55, been riding since 74, cant ever see me giving up but may have to get something more suitable when I'm seventy, an rgs maybe, lol.

Started at 16 on a Fizzy, full license at 17 on an RD125LC and that was just under 27 years ago, so yes I am a relatively old git (but young at heart!!)

from 16 mb5 day one to current day now turning 49 and still my number one pleasure.

I wonder if the CBT acts as some sort of natural selection process because the course is truly crap. I don't know how anyone thinks passing a CBT equips anyone for riding an under powered motorbike on the roads? It would never be allowed with cars.

I am 42 passed my test first time in 88 and had a RD350 ypvs stopped ridding in 89 after two mates died and one ended up in a wheelchair thought im not going to be next decided to get back on a bike in 2010 and had to retake my test as the DVLA had lost my A entitlement this has happened to around 1500 people in the UK on an address change. First bike back into it was a GSX650f hatefull thing then I purchased a 2011 CBR600f but really wanted a race bike but held off untill late 2012 when I purchased the S1000rr and in march 2013 traded the CBR in for a triumph sprint GT for touring

Last edited:
I'm 62 and retired, first bike was a Triumph Tiger cub 200cc single back in the sixties, I put bikes aside for a number of years while children came and went. My son and I go on rides he has a Fireblade which he needs to keep up with me :race2_smilie::race2_smilie: Lol.

41, riding since 08. Only took the DAS test as I knew it was changing its format and had a couple of older bikers nagging at me to give it a go. So much better getting to work on the bike, than going by train.

Latest posts

Back