Cutting out /dying while in full flow

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fkkr1s

Reaction score
Ok guys, out on a ride yesterday and the bugger just died in full flow with 30 assorted, but mainly 675's up my chuff. Man that bike slows real quick with no power lol.

Anyway the reason why I am posting is this, I am hearing stories around, about a number of S1's suffering electrical faults recently.

is this something you guys are aware of?
If so does it seem to be the same thing?
I will be calling the garage tomorrow to come and pick her up, but it would be nice to have some previous insight if this is a, well is a more of a regular type occurrence.

All I can tell you mine had a strong reading rom the battery, it made all the right noises when I turned the key, all the right lights flashed and needles rotated. Except the main thing, not firing up when pushing the starter button.

Any light you can shine on this would be most welcome. Cheers ;)

Hi, i bought a 2012 s1000 yesterday and experienced the same problem, i was accelerating through the gears, and as i pulled 5th in the engine cut. Dash was sill on and working(speed, revs etc) tried pulling the clutch in and staring while i was coasting along but wouldnt re-start until i had coasted across 3 lanes of traffic, stopped on the shoulder and turned the key off and on again. after that its been fine. :concern:

Hi, i bought a 2012 s1000 yesterday and experienced the same problem, i was accelerating through the gears, and as i pulled 5th in the engine cut. Dash was sill on and working(speed, revs etc) tried pulling the clutch in and staring while i was coasting along but wouldnt re-start until i had coasted across 3 lanes of traffic, stopped on the shoulder and turned the key off and on again. after that its been fine. :concern:

Was your TC and ABS light on to show a fault , mine does this now and again IE cuts out for a second or 2 then pics up and TC light ABS light on full.

nope no fault lights, the dash was completely normal, still showing speed, gear revs etc but the engine just died and wouldnt re-start.
is a real shame as other than that the things immense! :)

nope no fault lights, the dash was completely normal, still showing speed, gear revs etc but the engine just died and wouldnt re-start.
is a real shame as other than that the things immense! :)

I had this once while I was changing down wouldn't bump or start on button had to do the same not happened again tho.

just picked up a new S1000RR and it happened no more than 400k into my first spin... at the lights in 1st, just pulled away and it died. Hope to christ it was a once off, seems to be a problem in the US too, had a look on the S1000RR forum there and pages of messages from people with similar stories.

my ktm used to cut out and was a bit of a bumclencher when it did, do you have an aftermarket zorst apparently thats what upset the bike as it was not properly mapped so thus not delivering the right amount of fuel think it was starving itself, hope you find out what it is as someone already said it could be quite dangerous!!

Mmm sounds to me like your right hand side switch gear is intermittent... This is a known issue that can cut the engine dead whilst running or cause a failure to start... Had it replaced twice now on my s1000... Had the left side changed twice as well now for high beam failure and failure to rest trip meter... Hope that helps

Ok guys, out on a ride yesterday and the bugger just died in full flow with 30 assorted, but mainly 675's up my chuff. Man that bike slows real quick with no power lol.

Anyway the reason why I am posting is this, I am hearing stories around, about a number of S1's suffering electrical faults recently.

is this something you guys are aware of?
If so does it seem to be the same thing?
I will be calling the garage tomorrow to come and pick her up, but it would be nice to have some previous insight if this is a, well is a more of a regular type occurrence.

All I can tell you mine had a strong reading rom the battery, it made all the right noises when I turned the key, all the right lights flashed and needles rotated. Except the main thing, not firing up when pushing the starter button.

Any light you can shine on this would be most welcome. Cheers ;)

Had mine nearly three years now, done 7 trackdays this year and only think I have ever had was a cpl of false gears... never missed a beat :)

Sorry all, I had not finished off on this thread, it was a while ago now, but in I conclusion it was a switch issue, they finally got the part in and replaced it f o c All is good :) that was sometime ago now.

hello my 2010 model has cut out on me as well when i pulled over switched the ignition off and then on again it started fine . only trouble is that i was on the way to vines guildford last week to get it checked out and whilst waiting to pull out of a road junction the pensioner in front of me selected reverse and floored the gas . ?5500 worth of damage and now waiting to see what they will do about it . not happy:confusion:

Latest posts

Back