3 Year. 18k miles service.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godzilla

Reaction score
I went down to the open day at the local dealers over the weekend. whilst there asked about the 3 year 18k service. Got quoted a bit over £600.

Now my question is is it necessary to get this done at the main dealers or would you risk taking it anywhere else?

Anyone had it done yet? What did you do?

Cheers

Bloody hell you must look minted...... around the £400 mark is average... Had mine done when my rad got holed so saved on the labour of fitting the new rad cost was £840 nearly £500 was the rad & i got a loan bike whilst they did the job a gs for 2 weeks.;)

My local dealer priced it at £640 but had never done a 18k mile service on the RR.

The Liverpool and Manchester dealers; on their website were offering to do it for £280 just before Feb 13; when I checked with them one said it might ust be a special offer as they normally would have priced it at over £600 and they at the time had not done the 18k serivce before.

In the end I took it to Chandlers as they had done babarr46's bike before and others. They had the experience and was slightly cheaper than my local dealer but not at babarr46's price . Plus not too far from me.

If you have (lots of?) warranty left, I would take it to the dealers; as for me, I wanted an experience bmw dealer to carry out the 18k service.

what you need to do is ask for a break down of the bill , for instance at this service they do your forks , whcih as we both know you dont't need doing :)
also see what the other bits are brake fluid....etc......
have them removed from the bill and it should be a bit more pallatable , must have just missed you this weekend , i was there for hours and hours whilst they destroyed my fucking petrol cap to get it open

Think I might give Southport a ring. What day did you go FB? I was there on Sat from about 1pm till 2.30 ish.

If you're outside the 2 years G and haven't gone for the extended you could go anywhere you like as there's nothing complicated on the BM. If I decide to keep mine I shall be going to my local who did my ZZR 14. I normally get stuck in myself but the 14 was a complete cow access wise and the cam cover bolts snapped being made of cheese and had to be heli coiled.

Latest posts

Back