Workshop 2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Winter Workshop

Being honest I thought it abit excessive lads pulling standard masters for RSC's and then I started racing. Rcs19 and rc pads was such a change. 2 + sets a season. Sur look worth it to outbrake anyone

Waiting on the following before the inevitable total lockdown.

Full front caliper repair kit.
Double H pads
Stainless fairing fitting kit
Clutch Cable
Motul Fluid
Bearings for spare rear rim.
Replacement OE fender covers
Assorted bits n pieces from the most excellent Cradely Kawasaki.

Once I get my panels back from Budgie hopefully that will be it... oh wait ! Lol..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Waiting on the following before the inevitable total lockdown.

Full front caliper repair kit.
Double H pads
Stainless fairing fitting kit
Clutch Cable
Motul Fluid
Bearings for spare rear rim.
Replacement OE fender covers
Assorted bits n pieces from the most excellent Cradely Kawasaki.

Once I get my panels back from Budgie hopefully that will be it... oh wait ! Lol..

You sure this is going to be a track bike?

Good point and funnily thats what Tam Brown said lol.. but there's method in the madness.

Yea I'm keeping it road legal Rob, it hadn't been well looked after the more I looked at it... so ended up going round the whole bike.

The charachteristics of the bike right out the factory make it track worthy added to that the front forks are sprung and worked by MCT within 5kg of my weight as is that back Penske Shock, receipts show this... the guy was about 5'9 so a good bit smaller than me but similar weight.

I've a spare pair of wheels for sticky tyres, whipping out front pads is a dawdle, the lines, front calipers and M/C and now discs are all upgraded, I'll modify the rear end so's I can quickly unplug the indicators and remove the plate, mirrors take a few mins to remove...I'll get it MOTd (when allowed)... if I tried selling this as an out and out track bike the value immediately plummets as does my market, other than the headlights showing it'll be well track capable..I'll use it on the road from time to time and get some fun out of it rather than it sitting idle, just hedging my bets mate..

Last edited:

Made a back and front of it earlier... snapped this mount off inner fairing..and remembered I bought this plastic repair kit a few years ago.... holy shit is it good or what... I forgot to take the after pics and it's now fitted but it worked better than expected.

Its simply a grey and or black powder that you fill a hole with or in this case poured into each of the three slotted ribs... pour super glue onto the powder and wait 7 seconds...rock solid !... superb !
92d53e793779be46cc7f8a1dab4e54be.jpg
46fa20d4402b9dd971c9e7a761951102.jpg
03833334ffee8068bcab95f52d623364.jpg

That stuff looks the bollocks, need to get some for those get me out a hole situations that always come up in the garage

In fact I've got an R1 radiator in the loft that the over flow nipple has snapped off on. That stuff looks idea for repairing that. Can you tell I'm bored yet

Good stuff indeed Stuart!
There is another product out there called Q bond. Does exactly the same. I highlighted this a couple of years ago on here after I?d repaired a couple of fairing panels for friends. I?ve done a few more since then, again with perfect results.
It?s got to the point that I actually like repairing fairing panels and their fixings now!

It's great stuff, never seen your post RR.. I guessed there were other brands out there, I think Supafix may actually be rebranded Q Bond now, looks exactly the same kit.

In fact I've got an R1 radiator in the loft that the over flow nipple has snapped off on. That stuff looks idea for repairing that. Can you tell I'm bored yet
Listen, the way things are going it'll be staying in the loft unless your Mrs wants something to do lol

Bikes taking shape...slowly. those R1 calipers are a bit of a challenge, the lead pistons are smaller than the trailing, my pliers are too big so had to resort to compressed air and jiggle the small ones out... the seals are really deep in the body

27fe87069bc2491e7adafb1cc33e7603.jpg
d92466ba11c4e4a95ad303eb27f250b5.jpg
2bfa3168dae12d5d339cded06f418d8d.jpg
67286cc8f23e01a4c7367c05a2520c31.jpg
a519f741a7c96cd1162b186c50e690f3.jpg
dc85cfc8fda2ce7070b7dcdda9a88eee.jpg

Last edited:

Listen, the way things are going it'll be staying in the loft unless your Mrs wants something to do lol

Well I?m did get her to fit my crash bobbins for me when I was away a couple of trips ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your brakes feel funny when you got back... she could be one of those black widows ??????

She might have done a better job of the brakes than me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new can arrived today... need two hands to hold phone... what yous reckon
0e8f461aded8d7e2339638cc534575e6.jpg
2ff7c921c137bd0c1f4d307a45ef7091.jpg

Latest posts

Back