Alpinestars supertech R boots.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoranC1

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair? What are they like for sizing? Do you need to go up a size since you have the inner boot?

Any long term road riding reviews?

very good boot, i went from them to daytona and for day to day riding and the odd track day, the supertechs are better. daytona's arent comfortable walking around in between races - supertechs are. i now use dainese "in" boots, and my next pair of boots will be supertechs again as i think they are the best.

Alpinestars Supertech R Boots

I had a set before switching to Dainese several years ago. They are a very good, comfortable boot and crash well. Just make sure that you try them on first before buying as Alpinestars sizing does vary.

I?ve got a pair and love them. They?re like carpet slippers.
They did take abit of getting used to with they way the buckle up but I wouldn?t change them for any other boot now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like many others on here I have them and they are by far the comfiest boots I have ever worn, from day one they were like slippers. However I know of two accidents at this years TT and both riders wearing Supertech RR's hit the kerb feet first and both got severe ankle injuries. I am NOT saying this was in anyway the fault of the boot but I am more than happy to have my feet wrapped in the stiffer and less comfortable Daytonas and compromise comfort walking about for more protection of my feet.

A great documentary about motorcycle injuries and treatment is here by the late Dr. John Hinds, great insight into injuries, treatment and how best to protect yourself whilst riding, very interesting tongue in cheek comment about Daytonas which I swear by now. I have not worn the Supertechs since getting Security Evo G3 boots a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg

JimmyMac

Like many others on here I have them and they are by far the comfiest boots I have ever worn, from day one they were like slippers. However I know of two accidents at this years TT and both riders wearing Supertech RR's hit the kerb feet first and both got severe ankle injuries. I am NOT saying this was in anyway the fault of the boot but I am more than happy to have my feet wrapped in the stiffer and less comfortable Daytonas and compromise comfort walking about for more protection of my feet.

A great documentary about motorcycle injuries and treatment is here by the late Dr. John Hinds, great insight into injuries, treatment and how best to protect yourself whilst riding, very interesting tongue in cheek comment about Daytonas which I swear by now. I have not worn the Supertechs since getting Security Evo G3 boots a few years back.

JimmyMac

agreed - any trackday or race - daytona on - for a ride out i wear Dainese - not crashed in them so cant comment on crash protection.

Dainese

I?ve crashed on track wearing Dainese Axial Pro In boots and they performed superbly.

JimmyMac

Great viewing. Thanks Jimmy

I never got on with them, found they were too narrow for my foot.

I sold mine and went for Dainese Axial Pro which are a joy to wear and less bulk which appeals to me.

Wow some great replies lads thanks.
I did try a pair on saturday but the guy in the shop wasnt much help. As i usually wear a 10.5 and felt like i really would have to ram my foot into the outer boot to get them on. But tried an 11.5 too and they seemed dead on.

I’m a size 10 and had a pair in size 44 and they were a perfect fit. For reference they run slightly bigger than other Alpinestars boot, I’ve got a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus boots that are a size 45 and a perfect fit.

They’re great boots, super comfy and I have to say better made than the Dainese Axial Pro In boots that I’ve replaced them with.

Think my minds made up on buy a pair now. Pity the colour schemes arent great. Looks like itll be white to try and keep the feet cooler

I have a question on boots, I?ve tried many of the above today (loved the supertech but a bit of a faff, and Dainese ?in? but haven?t got the leathers for that) and also some of the more road bias boots given that I spend more time there than track. Still undecided but have a question on goretex... in winter they keep your feet dry but do the perforations mean your feet are colder? Or conversely in summer, I know it?s supposed to be breathable but can goretex make your feet a bit sweaty and hot? Some of the boots I?ve tried come in three variants, a standard, air , or goretex and I?m trying to get my head around what?s best for me as someone who rides all year round and mainly on the road. Anyone with any real life experience who can advise?

Bit of a late reply Racer....I bought a pair of Daytona Goretex on Jimmy Macs Recs... never looked back. Incredibly comfy and probably easiest boots ever to put on...Had 2 pairs of Sidi Vortice beforehand...talk about a faff to out on !.

Those Daytonas are ?600 plus but worth the money...if comfort and dry wear is what your after..sole is a bit soft..Soof had same issues as me with the pimple bits wearing out but 1 year on no problems... maybe not your style tho..
S
f42854eb60db37b581581dbaaa2b6947.jpg

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

I?ve had three sets now. I absolutely love them. Used them in all weathers, never got wet feet either :)

I?m always a size 11 or 46 in Euro sizes, but in these I?m a 45 and they fit perfectly.

Can?t recommend them enough :)

Latest posts

Back