Calafat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MADMANX

Reaction score
TRACK DAY IN SPAIN WITH PACEDAYZ

Had a blast at Calafat on the bmw, its the first time I've really ridden it since buying in Aug last year but absolutely mega but did have a issue in that the Abs/traction light was on from day one ? we can only think this was down to having a 200 rear tyre in ??? I was very careful when re fitting the wheels ect the gear change light I assume was then used as a traction light as it was on a great deal under hard acceleration, she has to go the stealers next month for the second service so il see what comes ups. Back to the track event Pacedayz are well organised and the three days ran smoothly with poss a couple offs per day but nothing serious. The Beamer was amazing apart from it been hard work man handling through chicanes also using the first four gears before hard breaking again ( Wrists are still killing ) as for me been over dosed on self preservation, getting over a broken back, also the thought of seeing her sliding down the track was a big worry so that held me back no end.....Track bike is on the shopping list

I had a blast....:single_eye:

Glad you had a great time on the track. What's Calafat like? Does it flow? Is it big enough for 1000cc bikes or would a 600 be more 'fun'?
Re the light. Are you sure the ABS wasn't just turned off?

I've heard plenty of good things about PaceDayz but the dates have never aligned to ones I wanted to do.

Last edited:
Glad you had a great time on the track. What's Calafat like? Does it flow? Is it big enough for 1000cc bikes or would a 600 be more 'fun'?
Re the light. Are you sure the ABS wasn't just turned off?

I've heard plenty of good things about PaceDayz but the dates have never aligned to ones I wanted to do.

Hi Alex, in my opinion a 600 would be the better option as I think I never used the top two gears so hard on ya wrists on the big bikes but that may be just me as im unfit bike wise and first time out on the big girl really as for Pacedayz id use them again as you had no Dic-heads on track to worry about and extremely well ran from start to finish with 7 30 minute sessions each day

Latest posts

Back