Speeding ticket

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitz

Reaction score
I?ve just got a ticket for doing 62 in a 50, but I was over taking a car at the time. Which was doing about 40, Is it worth arguing my case or just pay the fine. [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got done under similar circumstances last year and feel your pain. You wont get off by trying to justify the offence, speeding is speeding unfortunately.

It was a mobile speed van, I didn?t see it because there was a double decker bus up the road. And as I was passing the car the camera van came in to view behind the bus. They say they?ve got photo or video evidence

Unless you plead not guilty and decide to go to court they wont provide you with evidence. Its bollocks really.

Ok thanks for the advice, I?ll have to think about it. I?ve just got a clean license back and was going to reapply for my gun licence. They don?t like it when you?ve got points on your driving licence for some reason!

Ok thanks for the advice, I’ll have to think about it. I’ve just got a clean license back and was going to reapply for my gun licence. They don’t like it when you’ve got points on your driving licence for some reason!

Thats a new one on me if you mean shotgun licence.

Will you get the offer of speed awareness?

It?s any excuse not to give you a shoot gun licence. They didn?t offer the awareness course, the mobile vans are about making money, I think [emoji848]

just take it on the chin,you was speeding so no defence really.

Its annoying because on a safer rider course with the police, you?re advised to make ?good progress? in an overtake and make sure your TED (Time Exposed to Danger) in minimised. They pretty much agree that temporarily speeding is ok in the real world.

But speed cameras be shit and black/white.

- Sent from Mobile

They would offer the speed awareness once you have accepted the ticket, it would be in the small print.

I?ve had points all my life, it?s never affected either my sgc or fac.

Ok thanks for the advice, I?ll have to think about it. I?ve just got a clean license back and was going to reapply for my gun licence. They don?t like it when you?ve got points on your driving licence for some reason!

Blitz I just renewed my Shotgun Licence last month with no problems and I'm sitting on 6 points. You talking about a firearms Cert, not a Shottie Licence.

Stuart

Blitz I just renewed my Shotgun Licence last month with no problems and I'm sitting on 6 points. You talking about a firearms Cert, not a Shottie Licence.

Stuart

No a shotgun licence, but when I phone the BASC that was the first thing they asked me, how many points I had on my driving licence. I?m applying for a new licence not renewal, but that?s good to know that you have points on your driving licence [emoji106]

No a shotgun licence, but when I phone the BASC that was the first thing they asked me, how many points I had on my driving licence. I?m applying for a new licence not renewal, but that?s good to know that you have points on your driving licence [emoji106]

Aye mate. Least of your worries that one mate... could be what jurisdiction you come under...can't see ours would be more relaxed than yours with the amount of violence in Glasgow lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aye mate. Least of your worries that one mate... could be what jurisdiction you come under...can't see ours would be more relaxed than yours with the amount of violence in Glasgow lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ha that?s probably true [emoji1]

No a shotgun licence, but when I phone the BASC that was the first thing they asked me, how many points I had on my driving licence. I’m applying for a new licence not renewal, but that’s good to know that you have points on your driving licence [emoji106]

That is weird. Why ask basc, they are not responsible for licencing, your regional firearms police department deal with it.

This links directly to the application form in your region:
https://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/media/861740/form-201-pdf.pdf

There is a question about convictions but fixed penalties are not included so dont see what the problem is.

As soof has said, the speed is within the range for being offered an SAC (up to 10% +9mph over the limit - or 64 in a 50 limit) - assuming that the offence was in England or Wales, and that you have not done an SAC for a speeding offence committed less than 3 years earlier.

'Evidence' is generally only supplied if you let them take you to court - although if you write to them requesting "photos to help to identify the driver" (before you tell them that you were driving), they will usually oblige.

If you were to go to court and plead not guilty (ignored/rejected offer of SAC and fixed penalty), the sentencing guidelines (if convicted) would be 3 points ~50% relevant weekly income, 'victim' surcharge and up to ?620 prosecution costs.

Latest posts

Back