Another stupid question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swty

Reaction score
I have used quickshifters but never an auto blipper is this standard on the 2017 model and is it then clutchless downshift.
On a side note I am most excited about using launch control has anyone used it? I have spoken to three owners whilst out on a ride (not people I know)and not 1 has tried the launch control.

As long it is a ?sport? model i.e. includes the Dynamic and Performance packages you will have access to all electronic equipment.

An auto-blipper works by ?blipping? the throttle upon applying pressing to the gear lever, in order to unload the transmission so that you can change down a gear ?without? touching the clutch.
This works so long as the throttle is fully closed and you have a reasonable engine speed (I personally use it above ~ 4 K rpm)

Last edited:
I go up and down the gears just for the sake of using the blipper :D

I have never tried launch control, I trust the electronics, But not enough haha

The blipped is brilliant, it means clutchless downshifts and makes you change gear just for the hell of it!. The launch control is fun, just not sure what the clutch thinks, or when you would use it.

In my experience, so far, the blipper is a must have feature on any bike your thinking of taking on the track. It's also great on the road. One of those killer features. The launch control, however, is not required unless you're a professional racer, and then you'd probably better off with a bespoke package, or just using the clutch!
In the round though, coming from an analogue bike, the electronics are excellent. Period.

Have a look at this before you buy, Will tell you everything your bike has from factory

http://bimmer.work/

B5_pVryGTYWL30GXow9IQg.png

My one for example.

Last edited:
Thanks very helpful I will be looking at pre reg but the dynamic package is a must for me.

As above, blipper is a must have, only time you use the clutch is when you pull away and stop.
Launch control in essence is from a standing start, mainly to hold the revs steady (think it's about 9.5k, can't say I've looked lol) at full throttle so you just concentrate on feeding the clutch out. Wouldn't recommend just dumping the clutch lol

I had a go at the launch control on my bike. It was scary as fook but, amazing. The 'fizz' really gets going with the bike changing off the limiter and then you pop the clutch and your at mach 2

You only get 3 stabs at it and then it shuts off to let the clutch cool. Not that you need 3 normally anyway. I got a bit excited the first time and pretty much dropped the clutch but, the bike sorted it all out. Not convinced it's any quicker then I could do it on my own though. I had to give it a bash though seemed rude not to as it's there :)

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Oli, you can't disable the blip feature in the settings. The BLIP ON/OFF in the race track setup menu is for Best Lap In Progress. It's a bloody lovely feature. Nowt like banging it down 3 cogs and hearing it pop.

Oli, you can't disable the blip feature in the settings. The BLIP ON/OFF in the race track setup menu is for Best Lap In Progress. It's a bloody lovely feature. Nowt like banging it down 3 cogs and hearing it pop.

Every day is a school day, thank you Gaz [emoji4]
Have just amended my post after checking the owners manual (p 113).

+1 on the auto blipper, endlessly entertaining and makes riding that bit easier!

Laptimer

BLIP = Best Lap In Progress. It's a rather useful tool on track especially when used in conjunction with a 2D GPS Laptrigger.

Re: Laptimer

BLIP = Best Lap In Progress. It's a rather useful tool on track especially when used in conjunction with a 2D GPS Laptrigger.
Normally when i get that flash up i normally dont finish the lap [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back