K46 2011 S1000RR Best Seamless Clutchless Up/Downshift System

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have this bike which has the standard quickshifter, but I want fully clutchless up and downshifts 1st to 6th and back to 1st. What system would you guys recommend for the smoothest, seamless shifts please? I've looked at different options such as HM, Alpha Racing, IRC and ProShift with the Magic Eye etc. Money not really an issue, I just don't want something that wears out the gearbox prematurely.

Thanks,

Matthew,
Wales UK

Easiest way is to buy a Gen 3 onwards bike and add one of the better shifters - Alpha / Lohmann. Not sure how "seemless" they'd be though?

None are seemless, just clutchless.
I've no idea what the Gen1 came with but I assume you'd need a fully programmable job like IRC.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I won't be changing the bike as I've done so much work on this one already, and I intend keeping it. It's only really the clutchless up & down shift from the newer bikes I'd be interested in. I'm swaying towards the IRC system if people think that can be setup as the smoothest shifting one up and down, although obviously not seamless.

tbh they are all changable ( if your going for a full blipper set up), kill time+pressure. you just need to get it dialled in to how you prefer. on the gen3 i prefer the lohmann (alpha shifter) to the HM, but thats more a personal preference, if you hav the RCK2/race ECU then you can dial in the shifter though that ,allowing to chang kil time etc.(from memory at least). for me it 1 of the bigger upgrades, going from a gen2 to 3, the blippers do make a big deiiference, on track at least, not so much on the road

tbh they are all changable ( if your going for a full blipper set up), kill time+pressure. you just need to get it dialled in to how you prefer. on the gen3 i prefer the lohmann (alpha shifter) to the HM, but thats more a personal preference, if you hav the RCK2/race ECU then you can dial in the shifter though that ,allowing to chang kil time etc.(from memory at least). for me it 1 of the bigger upgrades, going from a gen2 to 3, the blippers do make a big deiiference, on track at least, not so much on the road

It would be really hard going back to a non-blipper bike on track after having one..............

Translogic was another brand to look at afaik

Looking like the IRC one I'll be going for, as it doesn't sound like the Pro Shift one offers many advantages over it

Ditto that, not been enough talk of older K46 mods on here for a while.

The OEM shifter on a Gen3 seems pretty good. Is there a noticeable difference when upgrading?

Probably more of a difference when matched with a dwell time reduction via a map.

Otherwise it just removes the slack.

Latest posts

Back