Reflash or not ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddievtwin

Reaction score
Hi guys
Question for you have a BMW s1000rr gen 3 2017 , fitted with full race exhaust , rapidbike fuel module and K and N filter.
Now is it worth going down the route of Reflashing the ECU ?. The bike is for road use and the occasional track day.
Will I really feel any benefits from it looking at about ?300 plus for it to be done via a company called Hilltop motorcycles
Any advice or information greatly appreciated
Thanks

Personally, I would not recommend it as you will invalidate your warranty for no significant gain.

If you are inclined to go down the ECU tuning route, I would recommend doing it the official way.
This involves ?race enabling? your ECU and installing the ?HP racing data release? through your BMW dealership.
There is however, a partial warranty restriction.
If you were primarily a track day rider/racer, this would be an excellent option, but for a road rider I think this is unnecessary

Last edited:
You dont need to mess with the ecu wth the changes you have made as the rapidbike module does the work required, just need a good config on the module.

Hi guys
Question for you have a BMW s1000rr gen 3 2017 , fitted with full race exhaust , rapidbike fuel module and K and N filter.
Now is it worth going down the route of Reflashing the ECU ?. The bike is for road use and the occasional track day.
Will I really feel any benefits from it looking at about ?300 plus for it to be done via a company called Hilltop motorcycles
Any advice or information greatly appreciated
Thanks

If you do decide to go for a reflash I suggest you also speak to BSD in Peterborough, they have an excellent reputation

If you do decide to go for a reflash I suggest you also speak to BSD in Peterborough, they have an excellent reputation
I've contacted BSD in Peterborough

Eddie, thanks for the email but I am afraid we cannot re-map the later models of the BMW. Regards Gill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ECU Flash

If you have a Rapidbike module fitted there is absolutely no point in having your ECU flashed; especially if its just a road bike which sees limited track use.

Whats wrong with the RapidBike? Who mapped it?

- Sent from Mobile
Hi I bought the Rapidbike easy module off a guy on eBay who was running it on his BMW S1000RR gen 2017 for 3 months but was upgrading to race module

Oh, don?t know anyone using the easy. We?re all on the Race version.

Have you dyno?d it to check the afr?s?

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Oh, don?t know anyone using the easy. We?re all on the Race version.

Have you dyno?d it to check the afr?s?

- Sent from Mobile
Is there a big difference between the two?

Yeah the Easy is just a plug and play signal fudger. The Race version allows the tuning of all sorts of parameters, many you don't need but some are crucial for that extra bit of fine tuning.

Having said that, the EASY version might be the ideal KISS (Keep It Simple...) solution to fitting a full system, if it just works to get you to the ideal 13:1 ratio.
I think it would be worth running it and getting an AFR check done before spending more cash.

I believe a guy at Portimao was running one (forgot to look closely) and he had no issues with his.

Yeah the Easy is just a plug and play signal fudger. The Race version allows the tuning of all sorts of parameters, many you don't need but some are crucial for that extra bit of fine tuning.

Having said that, the EASY version might be the ideal KISS (Keep It Simple...) solution to fitting a full system, if it just works to get you to the ideal 13:1 ratio.
I think it would be worth running it and getting an AFR check done before spending more cash.

I believe a guy at Portimao was running one (forgot to look closely) and he had no issues with his.
It seems to be getting better the more I ride it

Hi guys thanks for the responses so the general feeling is not to bother with a reflash but maybe fit the Rapidbike race version ?
Thanks

Where are you based, Eddie?

RJS and HM-Racing have experience with RapidBike now, but most competent mappers should be able to work with it.

Where are you based, Eddie?

RJS and HM-Racing have experience with RapidBike now, but most competent mappers should be able to work with it.
Hi Alex wellingborough in Northamptonshire is the rapidbike evo or race a better option for me than the easy ?

RJS is at Mallory Park I think. Might be closest.

You're asking what's best but I don't know what's 'wrong' or what you're trying to achieve.
The best will always be the most feature rich version, but what is 'enough' is entirely subjective.

I'm really interested in what the RB-EASY is doing for your bike. From a community point of view we have my published results from the RB-RACE but none for the RB-EASY or RB-EVO. So being purely selfish I would love it if you could get what you have on a dyno to check it out. With 20/40/60/80/100% throttle pulls.

I'd also like to know how it behaves on part throttle and when maintaining a constant speed. Mine can surge a little, and I've not dialed it out yet.

RJS is at Mallory Park I think. Might be closest.

You're asking what's best but I don't know what's 'wrong' or what you're trying to achieve.
The best will always be the most feature rich version, but what is 'enough' is entirely subjective.

I'm really interested in what the RB-EASY is doing for your bike. From a community point of view we have my published results from the RB-RACE but none for the RB-EASY or RB-EVO. So being purely selfish I would love it if you could get what you have on a dyno to check it out. With 20/40/60/80/100% throttle pulls.

I'd also like to know how it behaves on part throttle and when maintaining a constant speed. Mine can surge a little, and I've not dialed it out yet.
To be honest Alex she's getting better as I use her nothing really wrong just before I had a zx10r and a gsxr k5 both reflashed and were greatly improved also all the restrictions were removed

Latest posts

Back