2015 S1000rr Lights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les quoted me "0.01 fire time", I presume that's 1 hundredth of a second.
I agree that 1 tenth would be annoying.

Hi Chuck, you can get fast ballasts that instantly light up a HID for High beam.

JimmyMac
Missed that but ?115 instead of ?45 is paying ?70 to have a flasher. The main beam in HID supported by a standard High beam is more than adequate.
I ride all year so at least 40% of my journeys from now until around April are in the dark and never had an issue with just HID main.
Wish someone would sort an LED option

Last edited:
Missed that but ?115 instead of ?45 is paying ?70 to have a flasher. The main beam in HID supported by a standard High beam is more than adequate.
I ride all year so at least 40% of my journeys from now until around April are in the dark and never had an issue with just HID main.
Wish someone would sort an LED option

Had LED's on my Z1000 and were great going in a straight line and looked cool but soon as you go around a corner the beam disappears into a thin pencil like line -CRAP!! country lane and your headlights vanish whilst you negotiate a bend- no thanks.

The w5w is the small “sidelight bulb”. Yes they fit. Are they worth it, I think not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, maybe not - i'll post up the results .. i'm just keen to get something that means I can see more than bugger-all at night time without breaking the bank or being worried about legalities (as stupid as they may be). I do enough to attract attention as it stands - slicing HGV's in half with a set of ultra sharp HID's might be the straw too much.

i agree hid"s are better than standard but I've been less recently and am very impressed with them.
the prob with hid"s are if u use flasher then might aswell wave at them:purplebananna:
but less are instant and just as bright, but not just led bulbs but the ones that have wire strips out back of bulb to cool them.but they haven't melted headlight yet.

Latest posts

Back