Ben's 2015 S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for replies guys but honestly not too fussed stupid or not, I use hand signals when turning and if I'm ever pulled over about plate the tail tidy will go back on with indicators...till then hand signals it is as I'm skint AF

Booked in for another service @ Alton as I really wasnt happy with BMW in Battersea. Also, Integrated tail light has been ordered :D

Felix: Don't come up our way with a plate like that if you want to see your family again.... you'll get a 15 to 20 stretch [emoji879][emoji879][emoji879][emoji879][emoji879]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

about mirrors why not get a rear facing camera and a screen that mounts on a ram mount look cool as **** and only cost ?15 off e bay

Last edited:
I tend to look over the shoulder a lot. Mirrors are not needed for MOT, they are not illegal I just choose not to have them

I only use my mirrors to check for plod. Rarely come across anyone who's going faster than me, lol

I would recommend doing the occasional exaggerated shoulder check to check in your blind spot as, must be over 5 years ago now, I was having some fun on some roundabouts that were joined by a duel carriageway. Anyway, after doing about half a dozen loops round the roundabouts going up and down this short stretch of road at, thankfully, 70 ish, a bike cop over took me, he?d been behind me the whole time and even though I regularly checked my mirrors, he said they are thought to sit right in the blind sport of sport bikes ...
I was on my Triumph Daytona at the time, thankfully the policeman was fair and I ended up with the naughty boy course and no points.

Anyway, after that I keep an extra keen eye what?s behind me ?just in case?

about mirrors why not get a rear facing camera and a screen that mounts on a ram mount look cool as **** and only cost ?15 off e bay

That sounds very cool indeed! [emoji41]
Could imagine in future something like that integrated with a massive TFT display

Cheeky clean,
This angle doesnt do it justice at all but...I like updating and looking back through this thread seeing all my photos and updates =D

20180429_190415.jpg

Can wd40 be used as a chain cleaner? It's great st getting dirt off wheels but worried it'll effect the chain?

I've used it in the past. and wiped the chain down with the rag after. Now i use paraffin, brake cleaner and then dry lube.

I'm exactly the same. Paraffin and a cloth to remove the gunk, bake cleaner to remove the paraffin and then dry lube. I never spray the brake cleaner onto the chain. I prefer to spray it onto a rag and then use that on the chain.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Another thing to mention is the bike no longer turns off again. Booked in @ Alton on 17th May.........

Latest posts

Back