Ben's 2015 S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first set of leathers arrive today, Trousers way too big and long, Helmet is too small but the jacket feels good :D
Sending helmet back to get a HJC and trousers to go down a waist size.

Yeah, Makes me appreciate the s1000rr a lot more after riding the GS back home

It just doesnt feel as refinded as the s1k, blipper was not nice to use, will give it that when I was going 90-100mph on it, it felt like I was going 30. Nice bike but not my cup of tea

Oh for sure it's a great bike. But really does make me appreciate the power and performance of the s1k. The handling on the GS though is amazing.

It just doesnt feel as refinded as the s1k, blipper was not nice to use, will give it that when I was going 90-100mph on it, it felt like I was going 30. Nice bike but not my cup of tea

How long do you have the GS for?
If you?ve got the opportunity to put some more miles on it I reckon it?ll grow on you, or at least that was my experience with a GS.
They certainly handle impressively for such big bikes!

Wait another 35 years Ben and you will want that cuppa most days ..

Lol [emoji23]
I?m thinking of trying a K1600 next!

Just for a day, hopefully my bike will be ready tomorrow :D

Loved walking into Alton, had like 2 guys that worked there was like "Woah that is such a nice looking bike"
Upset I didnt see Chris (BvG)

How long do you have the GS for?
If you’ve got the opportunity to put some more miles on it I reckon it’ll grow on you, or at least that was my experience with a GS.
They certainly handle impressively for such big bikes!

Lol [emoji23]
I’m thinking of trying a K1600 next!
They handle quite well considering the weight. Bit of an old mans bike Oli, you too young and spunky for one lol

They handle quite well considering the weight. Bit of an old mans bike Oli, you too young and spunky for one lol

This old man had the adventure, only 6months, couldn't wait to get rid. Riding position was all wrong for me, back ache, wrist ache, top heavy in traffic. Maybe in another 10 years....:hopelessness:

It really hurts my knees everytime I get off it too, I like the comfy position but my knees do not

Had an update from Alton saying they are struggling to fix my flashing mileage issue : <

Last edited:
Well had a phone call yesterday saying they will need it for a week ish as they need to send a request into the director of BMW factory??? Cause they can't figure out while my mileage is flashing..

While it's there should I enquire about the HP race kit? Is it expensive and go along side the PCV?

HP Race Kit

Unless your building a track only or race bike don't bother.

Re: HP Race Kit

Unless your building a track only or race bike don't bother.

Okay, Just out of curiosity does it increase power or is it stricly just allows for more settings to be adjusted?

+1 what ryan says. Unless you’re riding at 95% and upwards on track and racing don’t bother. I have a 17 plate standard bike and an ex TT superstocker with bmw everything. It’s an animal, which frankly is terrifying !
id much rather be on the standard electronics and settings.

HP Race Kit

If your referring to the Race Calibration Kit it allows you to change a whole host of variables. The kit itself costs around a ?1100 and then budget for a further ?500 for tuning. You will not see any significant increase in power when compared to using a standard fuel module.

Latest posts

Back