'11 Adjustable Rearsets?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on adjustable rearsets, would really like the peg position about an inch or so lower, is this possible?
Be grateful for some advice / pics / opinions?

You legend! Going to order the 40mm I think and give them a go, thanks!

Looking for some advice on adjustable rearsets, would really like the peg position about an inch or so lower, is this possible?
Be grateful for some advice / pics / opinions?

So I had this problem too and fitted some adjustable pegs that are 25mm lower than standard which is great and has taken the strain out of my knees. My problem now is that due to their design my feet are now pushed out further along the peg so I have to twist my toes inwards to change gear or brake which I'm getting used to but obviously it doesn't feel natural. Are there any rear sets that achieve the same 25mm lower peg height but would keep my toes pointed forwards :smug:

So I had this problem too and fitted some adjustable pegs that are 25mm lower than standard which is great and has taken the strain out of my knees. My problem now is that due to their design my feet are now pushed out further along the peg so I have to twist my toes inwards to change gear or brake which I'm getting used to but obviously it doesn't feel natural. Are there any rear sets that achieve the same 25mm lower peg height but would keep my toes pointed forwards :smug:

Yep same problem with the lowered pegs. Had the first ride out last night and the wider set up makes it tricky to use both gear lever and rear brake. Not ideal, but a lot less strain on the knees. I guess it's a case of adapting. Thought I would give this a go before laying out big bucks!
300d664b4140bd488f9ca18dd2aa2a2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some lowered pegs made by Knight Design which are a better design and don't protrude out as far but look as though they belong on a tractor!

Forgot to update this thread!
I bought these but had the same problems with access for the gear leer and brake, got used to the gears a little bit but couldn't find the rear brake at all, so decided it wasn't too safe.

ended up buying some R&G adjustable rearsets, pricey but so much better looking and safer.

Forgot to update this thread!
I bought these but had the same problems with access for the gear leer and brake, got used to the gears a little bit but couldn't find the rear brake at all, so decided it wasn't too safe.

ended up buying some R&G adjustable rearsets, pricey but so much better looking and safer.

Yeah I'm not convinced, was out thur and Friday and although comfy, just can't get away with the foot position. Access to the back brake is non starter ! On the R&G how much lower can you go?

Yeah I'm not convinced, was out thur and Friday and although comfy, just can't get away with the foot position. Access to the back brake is non starter ! On the R&G how much lower can you go?

As I'm foot peg height, not lean angle! [emoji23][emoji23]

I would say the R&G on the lowest setting are still slightly higher than the cheap ones, but still miles improved on the standard pegs.
For me well worth the money.

I would say the R&G on the lowest setting are still slightly higher than the cheap ones, but still miles improved on the standard pegs.
For me well worth the money.

Hi would you be able to post a pic of the R & G sets please, so I can compare, cheers.

Hi would you be able to post a pic of the R & G sets please, so I can compare, cheers.

Sure...

I forgot to take some rough measurements to compare them to standard when I fitted them which I know would have been really helpful, sorry!

Yeah already had them from when I fitted them a few weeks ago.
For me they make the bike a million times better than before, given me a lot more confidence to move about on the bike and a lot comfier.

Bit the bullet and just ordered the R&G rear sets..[emoji33] will stick the tractor pegs in my cupboard along with all the other tat I've bought....[emoji23][emoji23]

Richie, would you do me a favour and measure the peg height from ground before and after you fit the R&G rear sets, thanks Mate :smile-new:

Sure, I'll have them on the lowest settings as I'm 6'4. They haven't dispatched them yet, hopefully here and fitted before my trip to Europe on the 16th[emoji33]

Latest posts

Back