Change or not to change.....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Not a mid life crises, more a late in life crises lol !
Had 1 of the first gen 1's , now with a gen3 so that's 7yrs on the s1k. Nothing wrong with the one ('15 6.5k mls) I have but have this itch to try the competition, talk me out of it.......:cower::cower::cower:DSC_2785.jpg

Last edited:
talk me out of it ...

Personally as you have a low mileage Gen 3 I think it would be wise to wait one more year and see what the 19 model S1K is like.

What other manufactures are you considering, specially?

Last edited:
I think if you want to try something else then go for it. Fact of the matter is the s1k is arguably the best bike in its class so you are unlikely to be moving up to something better. You can always get another bmw when you find that out.

From what I can gather from the comments made by MacRR on the other thread, he wanted a newish bike but due to budget wasnt able to hold out for the ‘19 bike so bought some jap crap instead, so you could always downgrade and do something like that. Lol.....

I think if you want to try something else then go for it. Fact of the matter is the s1k is arguably the best bike in its class so you are unlikely to be moving up to something better. You can always get another bmw when you find that out.

From what I can gather from the comments made by MacRR on the other thread, he wanted a newish bike but due to budget wasnt able to hold out for the ‘19 bike so bought some jap crap instead, so you could always downgrade and do something like that. Lol.....

Lol :boxing: ! Hmm, don't remember saying I couldn't afford it Andy I was merely explaining my rationale :wink-new:

If it's an itch you want to scratch , scratch it. Doubt if you'll find anything any better than what you've got though.

Ive never been "brand dependant " .if i like it i buy it and i dont care what the badge says

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Personally as you have a low mileage Gen 3 I think it would be wise to wait one more year and see what the 19 model S1K is like.

What other manufactures are you considering, specially?

'19 model prob won't be out til April/May , expect it to be expensive and current models will see a drop in price as usual before a new one's released.
There are some good deals on pre-reg bikes around, haven't ruled out the gay gixxer and keep going back to the RSV4 RF. Although not tried it yet it won't drop in price as a result of the new BM. It's a bit small (as most are) for my 6'2" frame but don't do so many road miles nowadays as have the zed for that. R1's are good but too many mates have them lol. Ducati, well, let's just say no....ZX10 never been a lover and appears a lot needs changing to get them right.

So, may just test the water regarding mine, I know it's wrong time of year but I'm in no rush, I'm not desperate, just lack of space.

:hopelessness:

New Bike

The two on my shortlist to replace my current bike are the 2019 S1000RR or the new GSX-R1000R. Like you I'm currently in no rush but I will be changing in 2019.

Not the RF but I liked the Tuono Factory I took out, just not enough to swap the S1K for one, some big discounts available on RF's and GSXRs as you say - and blades for that matter - has anyone anywhere bought one of those?! dealers seem to be giving them away...

Not the RF but I liked the Tuono Factory I took out, just not enough to swap the S1K for one, some big discounts available on RF's and GSXRs as you say - and blades for that matter - has anyone anywhere bought one of those?! dealers seem to be giving them away...

Blade just doesn't do anything for me, had an '06 then for me the styling went downhill...

Re: New Bike

The two on my shortlist to replace my current bike are the 2019 S1000RR or the new GSX-R1000R. Like you I'm currently in no rush but I will be changing in 2019.

Just noticed Phil Crowey is doing a new gixxer build, interesting to follow. Shame it's not on a par out the crate like the BM.
With all the progression made in the last couple of years with different manufacturers, I can't see the '19 BM lacking but at what price?

Guess I should really be going down on cc/power at my age but WT*, might not be here next year lol...

'19 model prob won't be out til April/May , expect it to be expensive and current models will see a drop in price as usual before a new one's released.
There are some good deals on pre-reg bikes around, haven't ruled out the gay gixxer and keep going back to the RSV4 RF. Although not tried it yet it won't drop in price as a result of the new BM. It's a bit small (as most are) for my 6'2" frame but don't do so many road miles nowadays as have the zed for that. R1's are good but too many mates have them lol. Ducati, well, let's just say no....ZX10 never been a lover and appears a lot needs changing to get them right.

So, may just test the water regarding mine, I know it's wrong time of year but I'm in no rush, I'm not desperate, just lack of space.

:hopelessness:

So an H2 SX and a Panigale V4 aren?t on the horizon then lol? [emoji6]

Out of curiosity, why consider an RSV4-RF but not a Panigale V4?
I believe the RRP for both bikes are comparable and I would imagine the new Duke will hold its value better than the Ape?

Whilst I understand the incentive to take advantage of a good deal now, or in the near future, the only reservation I would have switching teams so to speak, is that if you change now and in ~ a year or so?s time the 19 BM comes out and is fantastic I would have thought it?ll be particularly costly to change back.

As always though, whatever you decide I hope that you are happy with the decision, and as long as you?re enjoying life on two wheels that?s all that matters! [emoji4]

Rsv4 RF?s can be had for ~16k pre-reg?d 0 miles. Same spec Pani V4 is ?23k

Even man maths makes it hard to justify the extra.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back