would you?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docta13

THE BEAST
Reaction score
simple question

to all riders of the now older bike what would make u want to change it for the new model and have you been tempted yet?

id be lying if i said i havent been thinking about maybe getting the newer one.

Lol not had chance to ride my new-to-me 10 plate yet! Just keep staring at her longingly in the garage.
However, if the new one came with the optional extra of replacing my throttle hand with that of Mr Rossi i would be at the dealers tomorrow :D

Not tempted for several reasons:-
1) Only got current bike end July last year and as am "Fair weather rider" only put 1500 miles on her.
2) New bike looks same. I know its got those little wings and you have new colour options ???
3) Old bike is better than I'll ever be.
4) Cost of changing is likly to be scary :( Anyone been given a quote?
5) Most important when I change like to get something different from current bike. ;D

Absolutely no way. If I felt the need I could get a Power Commander, a smaller rear sprocket and a suspension set up and it would be as good as the new un.

No way, much prefer mine now Ive got it tricked up than the new one.

Not a big enough difference for me , I also prefer the ol motorsports colours.
Only had mine from new for 18 months , Ive always bought second hand bikes and to be honest spending the same amount of money or more would have to constitute a considerably different bike.
And besides Ive stuck loads of bits on mine too , the new midrange torque cant be the same as my bike :eek:

No I'm happy with my current one!! Though the heated grips would of been a nice optional extra!

Mr Breds link=topic=448.msg3817#msg3817 date=1328260284 said:
the heated grips would of been a nice optional extra!
I am going to enquire about them being fitted to my 2010 S this Saturday at my Local dealers open day... Cannons of Braintree..

Mr Breds link=topic=448.msg3825#msg3825 date=1328261615 said:
Phil, let me know how much they want to charge you!
will do.... I will post exaclty what they say, might even record the conversation ;D

Ps your in Essex, are you not going to Cannons on Saturday?

will do.... I will post exaclty what they say, might even record the conversation

If forecast is correct you'll need the heated grips on Saturday plus possibly snow tyres! :eek:

No chance, for one I can't be arsed to strip off all the mods ;D, two there aren't enough changes to make it worth it, and three the new MO colour scheme is rank! :eek:

Parley Waller link=topic=448.msg3851#msg3851 date=1328301802 said:
you're all in denial!

Said the Indian ferryman as a customer fell overboard ;D

Old ones are the best!

Thats not even geographically correct! ;D

[quote aut ;Dhor=ian7 link=topic=448.msg3850#msg3850 date=1328300981]
[size=36pt][/size]
you're all in denial!
[/quote] ;D ;D

phil link=topic=448.msg3827#msg3827 date=1328264190 said:
will do.... I will post exaclty what they say, might even record the conversation ;D

Ok the guy at Cannons said that they have asked BMW last week about fitting H/grips to 2010/11 S1000, Bmw are meant to be getting back to them within the next 2 weeks. Might need an update.. but as yet no answer.

Parley Waller link=topic=448.msg3831#msg3831 date=1328272887 said:
will do.... I will post exaclty what they say, might even record the conversation

If forecast is correct you'll need the heated grips on Saturday plus possibly snow tyres! :eek:
I went in the Car with the heater on ;), had to pick up a new indicator lense.

phil link=topic=448.msg3827#msg3827 date=1328264190 said:

Phil unfortunately I was working!!
Think the Essex lot need to arrange a meet when the weather improves!

Latest posts

Back