First Track day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
elo elo,

Just booked my first track day at Snett (open pit lane) 21st May, with No Limits for £119. Got an old friend from Easytrack (they are no no more) who is gonna educate on how to get round a track, smoothly. Thanks Bud.

Roll on 21st May :woot::woot::woot:

Nice one. Got one at Snetterton on the 7th. Ive done plenty but my first on the S1K. Most fun i've had with my clothes on. Enjoy.

I'm on that one too. Wo form ET is helping you out ? I know a couple of us are from ET are going.

First trackday and Open Pitlane.That's brave!

Please,when leaving the pits(anytime)keep to the right and bear in mind other riders will already be on the pace(even instructors forget sometimes!!)

Was thinking the same tbh. Open Pit Lane TD's are for advanced riders only !!

Maybe look toward booking the sessions day the day before..

Open Pit Lane trackdays are by far the best trackdays to do, despite there being mixed abilities on track you will find that its a far more relaxed experience. My first trackday was an Open Pit Lane and i reckon it was the best way to get into it, i would however say that a half day is plenty otherwise you will be absolutely shattered come the end of the day.
I find that the group trackdays (novice, Inters, advanced) are far more hectic with everyone trying to smash the lap record in there 20min slots and everyone is in a god damn hurry to overtake and that's when it starts getting wild.

Relaxed?-Not if you happen to be doing 160mph when some tit shoots across the track in front of you when leaving the pitlane!!

Or decides to warm his tyres up,weaving across the circuit,when you're about to pass him.

Or 3 mates going round side by side trying to pull wheelies.

Iv'e had 'em all!

At least on a sessioned trackday,most people are a bit more sensible-well,most of the time.

I was questioning the open pit lane, my pal says its cool and he will look after me.

Hopper: I am guessing you are Russ, Hello mate - my mate is Ade and I guess the pics of the sexy black and red S1000RR is your beast - looks well good mate.

Known Ade along time and trust him !!

Relaxed?-Not if you happen to be doing 160mph when some tit shoots across the track in front of you when leaving the pitlane!!

Or decides to warm his tyres up,weaving across the circuit,when you're about to pass him.

Or 3 mates going round side by side trying to pull wheelies.

Iv'e had 'em all!

At least on a sessioned trackday,most people are a bit more sensible-well,most of the time.

All of which are down to the trackday organiser & marshals to sort out.

The pitlane should be under the control of a marshal who will give you the green light when there is space on the track.
Weaving on the track in a dangerous manner should earn you a black flag
3 riders stunting on a trackday should be black flagged.

If you have had that happen then perhaps you should name and shame the TDO so that everyone can avoid them.

I have seen alot worse on the roads. What can you do but keep an eye out.... you can't fix stupid :stupid:

I was questioning the open pit lane, my pal says its cool and he will look after me.

Hopper: I am guessing you are Russ, Hello mate - my mate is Ade and I guess the pics of the sexy black and red S1000RR is your beast - looks well good mate.

Known Ade along time and trust him !!

Adrian Poole ? He's coming up with me. We grew up together. Nice bloke. Talks far too much..

If you have had that happen then perhaps you should name and shame the TDO so that everyone can avoid them.

These things don't usually happen on sessioned trackdays.The problem with Open Pit TDs is,because your session is as long as you want,there is no urgency to get up to speed.That in itself is fine,unfortunately others are already up to speed.

Yes,the pitlane marshall lets you out when the track is clear,but if you then cruise out of the pitlane you can easily be caught by some lunatic on a s1000 doing 160(probably me)!

I don't care what anybody does,as long as they remember that me,or someone like me,may be coming round behind them.

Yep Russ that's him - yes great lad and yes likes to chat. But then again so do I haha. Be nice to meet you and get some s1000rr tips.

These things don't usually happen on sessioned trackdays.The problem with Open Pit TDs is,because your session is as long as you want,there is no urgency to get up to speed.That in itself is fine,unfortunately others are already up to speed.

Yes,the pitlane marshall lets you out when the track is clear,but if you then cruise out of the pitlane you can easily be caught by some lunatic on a s1000 doing 160(probably me)!

I don't care what anybody does,as long as they remember that me,or someone like me,may be coming round behind them.

Mate it sounds like you do trackdays that only numpties attend.
Surely at your trackdays they have a briefing session where the riders are told of the DO's and DON'Ts
Cruising out the pit lane onto a live track is lunacy and i guarantee you if you did that at Knockhill you'd get black flagged before you got to the first corner followed by a stern talking too.
I have never had any bad experiences on an open pit lane, like i said a far more relaxed atmosphere.

OP you will surely have a good day. If this is your first trackday go out for a lap and then pit, You will no doubt have your visor fog up because you will be breathing too hard with nerves and excitement. after that you will be fine.

Unfortunatly there is always a few people who can't run to the rules. Always people who want to to there own thing, Iv actually been over taken a few times by people on the sighting laps who think after one lap it's good to go. Not too clever seeing as I'm the one leading it. Iv had to bollock loads of people through out a day because they can't keep to the rules.

On the No Limits web site it actually states "Advanced riders only for open pit lane".

Mate it sounds like you do trackdays that only numpties attend.
Surely at your trackdays they have a briefing session where the riders are told of the DO's and DON'Ts
Cruising out the pit lane onto a live track is lunacy and i guarantee you if you did that at Knockhill you'd get black flagged before you got to the first corner followed by a stern talking too.
I have never had any bad experiences on an open pit lane, like i said a far more relaxed atmosphere.

OP you will surely have a good day. If this is your first trackday go out for a lap and then pit, You will no doubt have your visor fog up because you will be breathing too hard with nerves and excitement. after that you will be fine.

Urban
Track night at Knockhill tomorrow night (Thursday) run by Motorrad Edinburgh - are you going up ?

Davy

Last edited:
Urban
Track night at Knockhill tomorrow night (Thursday) run by Motorrad Edinburgh - are you going up ?

Davy

Nope, i'm afraid not.
I doubt i'll get on track at all this year because i have so much on. I'm actually doing marshaling for the racing at East Fortune and Knockhill (including SBK) at the moment so that might be as close as i get to a track day :p

Ahh,

Was wondering, I'm booked in but bloody weather is a killer

Latest posts

Back