I'm off racing, must want my head looking at.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIKERFRENZY

Reaction score
I bought a new 2012 S1K in January and I've got 250 miles on it so far. I think I'm going to go indurance racing with no limits and I'm skint from buying the bike. If I bin it I'd be gutted and it needs preparing for racing so I'm on the lookout for anything that might help in any servicable condition. I need 2012 race bodywork or a carbon race belly pan, chain guard and a cheap full system in any condition. GB engine covers, My budget is tight as a ducks arsehole so free advise is welcome.
I better got some more miles on it and the restriction off when it stops snowing.

I passed my ACU test at Cadwell on Friday - very keen to look at racing too but the cost side of things may mean it wont happen this year - but wish you luck with it and keep us posted - be keen to see how you get on and progress and maybe get some tips for next year!!

Just spend your money on tires and ride round , you'll learn lots , even with an out of the box bike
Hottrax ?

To race I will need to have race bodywork as the belly pan must be capable of catching the fluid should it leak so I think I will need to remove the cat to accommodate the belly pan hence the need for a full system. I will need some crash protection and I need to lock wire the sump plug and brake caliper bolts. I have the genny tyre warmers and paddock stands but I'm now thinking of trying to pick up a cheap 1000cc race bike off ebay as I expect to crash at some point.

I used to race 250cc 2 Stoke Gearbox Karts, my last season 2005 I raced in both short and long circuit British Championships and it cost me 40K so good luck racing on very tight buget!

£40k divided into say 16 weekends of racing = an average of £2.5k on a weekend ,,foooooooooooooookthat lol

A short circuit meeting would cost around 1.5k with no damage and a long circuit meeting between 2 and 2.5k without damage.

I could not have done it without sponsorship

A full season of europen 100cc direct drive is said to be over 100k now

Last edited:
Where does all the expences come from for 2-2.5k without any damage , I can't get my head around that one

I was thinking new tyres £250 Fuel £75 Food £20 entry fee £150 £5 for emergencies or beer:O)

Racing is awesome. Nothing like it. However, you need to go in to this with your eyes wide open. It's not cheap. Even the "affordable Trackday Trophy" is expensive. You'll need new tyres every round (especially when your endurance racing). Don't use scrubs as they would of had the best already used out of them. Fuel, servicing, suspension, genny (for rounds with not electrical hook up), Crash damage, new star selector shaft after every second round etc etc. Iv raced, and have friends that race from club level to National Championships. It's fun but there is a lot to look in to.

If your going to do it, then fair play to you. If you need any help/advise/track instruction let us know :)

Latest posts

Back