Hi from a sunny Livingston

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmack8

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I’d best pop in here and say hello –

After an incredibly long sabbatical I got back into biking & bought a new R1 in April 2011, traded it after 3 months (hated it) for an 1198S (loved it) and then last July swapped it for a 2011 M-Sport (juries out!) that I just can’t stop fettling with......£££

Was fortunate to get over to Jerez a couple of times last year but finances are a bit tighter so far this year - might have to make do with a few trips up to Knockhill.

Would have enjoyed heading back out to Almeria (was there with the Ducati) do the BMW even in March but it’s looking like that will have to wait for the time being....

Cheers

Neil

Alright mate - I'm from way over on the West coast.

Have a couple of mates that are regulars at Jerez/Almeria (ginger lad on crossplane crank R1 and a stout lad on a CBR600 in black) who constantly rave about them. Sadly, new house for me forces me to stick to piddly little Knockhill for now - might see you there at some stage this year.

Welcome Neil from not so sunny Fife. Might get enough members for a Scots get together at this rate:}

Alright mate - I'm from way over on the West coast.

Have a couple of mates that are regulars at Jerez/Almeria (ginger lad on crossplane crank R1 and a stout lad on a CBR600 in black) who constantly rave about them. Sadly, new house for me forces me to stick to piddly little Knockhill for now - might see you there at some stage this year.

Hi Shug - In the few times I've been going over there's always loads of guys from Scotland heading out to Spain for 3 or 4 days of fun in the sun - Tracksense do a bike pick up from an Industrial Estate in Kilmarnock which is really handy and there's been 20+ bike on each occasion. Not ultra keen on Knockhill but it is local being only 30 miles away - I'll keep an eye out for you.

Welcome Neil from not so sunny Fife. Might get enough members for a Scots get together at this rate:}

Hi Malky - Another Sunny day in Livingston although it has been pretty cool today..... Fife and particular Knockhill appear to have their own micro climate - the sun can be shining across here but as soon as cross the Forth Bridge and head up the M90 it seems to get dark and colder and by the time you arrive at Knockhill it's chucking it down!

welcome aboard
enjoy the bike

Cheers Fatbob - The Bike's growing on me... still not entirely happy with it; it's a confidence thing..... I'll probably end up throwing more money at it....

Welcome to the forum dude, hope you enjoy the bike! :)

Cheers Ducky - Looking forward to getting it back out on track to put into practice the lessons learned from a day spent with Jeremy McWilliams (last November at Jerez)

Yeah, a warm welcome Neil, might need it this week! :cold:

Cheers Phil - I was actually thinking about taking it out this weekend for its first run this year but the weather while dry is looking pretty damn cold.

Latest posts

Back