Hello from the Isle of Lewis.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divingdelboy

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum, some great stuff on here lads. I will enjoy!
I am from the Isle of Lewis and bought my 10 plate S1K in August. What a machine! I absolutely love it! Everyone should have one in my view!!

Hi, my nearest dealer is calterdon BMW located in Inverness. From where i stay it's a 2hr 40min on a ferry to ullapool and then 50min ride on a cracking twisty road to Inverness. It's not as bad as it sounds.. Not much Plod up north so can enjoy the ride without worrying..

Welcome aboard
Would imagine its pretty cold up there at the moment
What flavour bike did you get

Your right' its Well cold, -2 at the moment... Got a 10 plate motorrad colours, akra slip on & usual extras aswell. Wanted black but this came up local so it was handy..
**Anyone reading this got feedback on either a MRA or PUIG screen by any chance???

I have an MRA screen , I like it
the only difference is how the nose of the screen is finished , quality is comparable IMHO

On the island we have from the north to south around +/- 95 miles and we have a circular route in the middle which is 40 miles. Great place for a bike as not many police up here. No speed cameras yet!

divingdelboy link=topic=1881.msg17177#msg17177 date=1355440980 said:
On the island we have from the north to south around +/- 95 miles and we have a circular route in the middle which is 40 miles. Great place for a bike as not many police up here. No speed cameras yet!
Its a very nice Island you live on mate, I agree the roads are good, I was there a few years back and didnt see 1 Policeman let alone 1 in a car!

Also didnt realise a ferry goes from Stornaway to Ullapool, is it costly?

It's not to expensive' only costs £59 return for bike & rider. There are two ferrys, one from Stornoway to Ullapool and the other is from the south of the island leaves from Tarbert to Uig in the Isle of skye.

Latest posts

Back