Year rounders?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steadynow

Reaction score
How many others are riding 365 days in their S1k?

I've been hacking on a'01 CBR for the last 5.

First Winter testing the '14 S1k.

bridgestones S20's take an age to heat up I find. Otherwise the MPG, heated grips and comfy seat make this missile, pretty perfect for any job.

Worthwhile protecting the bike as much as possible if you are running it over winter. BMWs don't like grit salt.

Still using mine. I did start driving to work this week but after 2 days give up and got back in the bike.

whatever the weather I say , if you have decent gear its no bother
would recommend PR3's for winter , I found the 4's a bit too hard if im honest

Giving it a good scrub and hose each weekend.... other than that i'll let the warranty worry.

So far (1,000 miles) of rain and muck. Everything's still looking pretty shiny.... I guess the post-salting will tell.

Yes, need some PR3's. Need ?250 to blow and free trackday in Spain to get these new Bridgestone's burnt away. Dream on

Yup, riding my 64 plate all through this winter. Got some PR4s fitted and am giving it a ACF50 treatment after each clean.... I've just changed the pegs to LSL Sport ones in the hope they are a bit grippier than the standard ones (my boots kept slipping off the end when they were wet). Typically (or rather nicely) it hasn't rained since putting them one so can say if they are better or worse as yet.

watch your sump around the drain plug!!!! thats the massive week spot on the bike; also the voltage regulator bracket

Saw a Black (2012+ I think) go past me by Notting Hill Gate this morning...wished I was him! Need to get mine down to the capital to commute on.

I saw a couple of bikes on the M62 on Wednesday, crawling along in the slow lane being blown about and covered in spray and sleet, in the dark. Not a nice day to be outside generally. At no point did I think I'd rather be freezing my arse on a bike instead of sitting in my leather heated seat relaxing listening to music. Must be getting old lol.

Latest posts

Back