Wunderlich tank bag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev_b hp4

Reaction score
So just fitted my new wunderlich tank bag and am well happy with it , looked at the bmw one and thought it just looked wrong , too square .
I think this will be a permanent fixture on the bike for every ride .
Heres a couple of pics

I'd definitely have gone this way if I hadn't gotten the tank ring system. Looks great and I totally agree, i always have the tank bag on nowadays. Its just easier.

Space in my leathers is getting thin on the ground these days (fat b$stard) . Can accommodate everything I need in this + more , it's definatly the way to go , I think tank bags and the like used to be cumbersome peices of gear that were more hassle than they were worth , how times have changed .
If anyone is thinking about a bag don't hesitate this is excellent , although I will be bagging things up inside if the great British weather is as usual .

I have one too Kev and use it for nearly every journey for all my stuff. Great bit of kit, and I agree about bagging stuff up, the Zips are waterproof but the Velcro certainly is not :).

edit - not fitted those Metzelers yet,?

Last edited:
Soof , I knew someone would spot them tyres , yes they have been fitted today , got both wheels back on just as the rain started then realised I'd 1- put the front on backwards 2- forgot the washer for the back wheel , now waiting for rain to stop .aarrggghh .

HRCBLADE , haven't used it on the road yet but the underside of bag well cushioned to protect paintwork . I'm sure soof or someone who has had it longer than me can answer that question better than me .
bought it from rainbow motorcycles ?118.78 delivered, there was a black one fleabay for ?75 but that's disappeared and they don't come up often which says ppl are keeping hold of them (they are good ) .

Last edited:
Kev - lol....

HRC - I got mine from rainbow bmw also, they are a wunderlich dealer. I picked mine up en route somewhere else as I needed it asap. I got the standard one, not the more expensive one with the carbon effect.

Regarding the paintwork etc. The base is a soft plastic that creates a non slip contact with the bike. It's not caused any issues on my paintwork and I've had it a while.

Good bit of kit. Never moves on the bike and doesn't need to be moved for fueling either. Well designed to fit and not hinder the rider.

Kev - lol....

HRC - I got mine from rainbow bmw also, they are a wunderlich dealer. I picked mine up en route somewhere else as I needed it asap. I got the standard one, not the more expensive one with the carbon effect.

Regarding the paintwork etc. The base is a soft plastic that creates a non slip contact with the bike. It's not caused any issues on my paintwork and I've had it a while.

Good bit of kit. Never moves on the bike and doesn't need to be moved for fueling either. Well designed to fit and not hinder the rider.

Thanks soof may pick one up ��

I got mine from Nippy Norman in carbon. The non carbon affect one is much cheaper but the carbon one looks good on the bike. I keep the bag on all the time and I really like that it only takes a few seconds to put on and take off the bike. I also like the fact that it does not obstruct my display or sat nav.

Guys - I've been looking for a small tank bag - this one looks promising. I always have a Garmin 660 unit fitted. Its mounted on a stem fixed into the hole in the headstock. Will this bag get in the way? I tried the BMW one and it blocked the view of the sat nav. I guess that question is to anyone with the same mounting and the same bag.

Guys - I've been looking for a small tank bag - this one looks promising. I always have a Garmin 660 unit fitted. Its mounted on a stem fixed into the hole in the headstock. Will this bag get in the way? I tried the BMW one and it blocked the view of the sat nav. I guess that question is to anyone with the same mounting and the same bag.

I have exactly the same setup you are describing and it is fine when I use an x-grip to hold the nav. Haven't tried with the powered cradle but I dont think it would be an issue.

Latest posts

Back