Would Sir like a weekend in the Dolomites with a topping of Nordschliefe?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My post Bins?? Lol nurbergring is a track option on a PlayStation 4 game called ride 3 which is all about bikes. Gran turismo is the car version. Great way of learn the track..... just a shame my riding ability is not as good as my efforts on console lol

Ah, you had me worried, I really did do crazy stuff when I was young. I like to think I know the British 'tourist' line at the Ring, done about 12 German (with English instructors) courses, maybe 1000 laps if you include section training, one top German guy said "you know this track very well, but I think, why does he go there?" Look at my Face book page, Rob Bensley, I'm sitting with a very famous chap!

Funny you mention the Sims. I have a full on PC race sim with seat, steering wheel, pedals ,etc and run iracing on it. PC car sims are the only worthwhile option if you want something acurate but I guess you can get some use out of learning on the console bike games. My excuse is I can learn the track and practice the data analysis stuff but it's basically grown ups toys! I knocked over thirty seconds off my personal best lap time after using the Sim over christmas and got down under 8 minutes in the car last summer.When I started using the sim my laptimes was within ten seconds of my real life time which shows how accurate they can be.
https://youtu.be/iPMSG-n5p80

For those who have not seen it a million times already I had a bit more drama a few years back when I last took the BMW. Forward to 7'25'' for the fun bits!
https://youtu.be/GFgWZ0CEewA

Last edited:
80 + mph at Bergwerk, 90+ at Steilstreke, good.

I had a faster driver in a newer GT3 behind me the whole lap and gave him space to pass on a few of the main corner exits at Adenauer Forst and Ex-Muhle but he was happy to sit behind me.

Wow, this is amazing, I'd love to do something like this on the bike. I'm a regular Ring goer in my car, so perhaps in the future can do something like this :)

Funny you mention the Sims. I have a full on PC race sim with seat, steering wheel, pedals ,etc and run iracing on it. PC car sims are the only worthwhile option if you want something acurate but I guess you can get some use out of learning on the console bike games. My excuse is I can learn the track and practice the data analysis stuff but it's basically grown ups toys! I knocked over thirty seconds off my personal best lap time after using the Sim over christmas and got down under 8 minutes in the car last summer.When I started using the sim my laptimes was within ten seconds of my real life time which shows how accurate they can be.
https://youtu.be/iPMSG-n5p80

For those who have not seen it a million times already I had a bit more drama a few years back when I last took the BMW. Forward to 7'25'' for the fun bits!
https://youtu.be/GFgWZ0CEewA

Tried RaceRoom's version? Just curious as I have RaceRoom/Assetto but I haven't tried iRacing. I lack a decent seat for it...dining table chair has to suffice.

Great thread, sorry Monners, I couldn't resist as I love the Ring and I'm a bit bored, here are a few pics of me at the Ring in my BMW M4 Competition:

2187-D6-BC-963-F-4733-9623-3-FB391-E17985.jpg

7857-D3-F4-52-A4-41-A9-B7-D1-C36488-D7-B65-A.jpg

E6-CD50-D4-8-EB3-41-F9-858-C-F07428-B86-AEB.jpg

B49-C9-F93-0584-4-C48-8-A55-4-DCD90037744.jpg

Didn't end up buying any of the pics as I have so many and I go a couple of times a year anyway. Obviously won't be this year though! But it's just so great to drive around there and really get to experience what these performance machines are made of. :)

Cheers Alex, it's done very well around there each time and had some very good runs on the Autobahn too with my friends in their cars, fun times!

Bump. Didn't realise you were on here Dave. Looks like a fantastic trip you had last year.

Was great meeting you too last summer, thanks for filming me :)

I have a Gen 4 S1k too now. This years trip is cancelled though unfortunately.

Last edited:
Silly question perhaps, but what's the best and safest way to get a bike across the channel? I always go on the ferry with my car, and when it gets choppy at sea it sets the car alarms off. So I'm wondering with just a side stand on the bikes, what prevention measures are there to stop bikes falling over?

Silly question perhaps, but what's the best and safest way to get a bike across the channel? I always go on the ferry with my car, and when it gets choppy at sea it sets the car alarms off. So I'm wondering with just a side stand on the bikes, what prevention measures are there to stop bikes falling over?
Eurotunnel

Otherwise if you have to use ferry, they strap bikes other the seat.

Last edited:
Yeah . I'd always Eurotunnel unless I was going to Spain direct by ferry (to save miles). The lashing down over the seat option on ferries means it's best to have something to protect it with you, like an anti slip matt/foam.

Latest posts

Back