Worth upgrading 2nd gen to 2015 model?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I upgraded from a 12 plate and I will say the new bike is awsome and and I'm well happy I did ,in my opinion it's well worth the extra money

I can only say from personal experience that if you 'totally love your 2013' then you will have regrets changing it now. When you are less in love, and fancy a change, then do it. :). Someone will then get your 'old' bike as a very nice bargain, and use it to lap you on TDs lol.

Assume you fall out of love fairly quick Soof as you're currently sporting an HP4 carbon and a '16 GSA :highly_amused:

Back to 50/50 - i think i'll whack an add up in the for sale and go from there?

Over the years of trading in cars and bikes, once you start looking at other things you've moved on from the thing you have. I think deep down you've already made you're mind up to move on. I could be wrong but I think by May you'll have a 15.

I see what your saying Beavis but ive got until march for the new registration to decide ;) and i feel like a lucky guy to have a 2nd gen bike in my life bud!!

But the thought of having a 15.... worth the extra? ive got mine looking how i want it...just cant put my finger on it chap! Not a bad situation to be in eh!

That's my reasoning (daft as it might be) for holding off a year - just to see where they go with it. They tend to upgrade every 2 years anyway so I would expect;
ABS Pro
Dynamic brake light
Laser/LED lights
as part of the package.

Over the years of trading in cars and bikes, once you start looking at other things you've moved on from the thing you have. I think deep down you've already made you're mind up to move on. I could be wrong but I think by May you'll have a 15.

A good way of putting it - agree once i start looking at other cars or bikes the decision is over 50% made....

i got off my 2011 to test ride my mates 2015 got off it and said thats it I've got to get one now got a nice black 2015 delivered from cardif two weeks ago, like alex says just don't get on one

Quite!

I had a session on an R1M whilst at Almeria with my '15-no blipper on the Yamaha took some getting used to.

It's the same as quickshifters-how did we manage without them?

Came across a video of you Baz on YouTube caning it round Snett, bloody hell mate, indicated 170 on both front and rear straight, was the bike stock?

Re original post, I bought my S1000RR in March 2010 (Gulp,6 years ago) and have never bothered to test ride any of the later versions. I am not sure I could ride one any quicker apart from the latest with the suspension helping out.

I guess the suspension is a massive improvement on a 2010 bike?

Phil

Phil, i kid you not bud, i was totally happy with my 2013, i use it for trackdays, ride outs with mates, a little touring and even commuted in/out of London... Why bother changing? Add to that the fact ive spent good cash getting the right mods i wanted, then there should be no reason!

However, after much soul searching i thought id put the bike up for sale and see what interest i'd get... i pick up my 2015 with the performance pack and race pack next week!!

I guess ive been swayed by the reviews: you cant hide that this revision of bike has had some feckin mental re-work in so many areas it's almost a different bike: electronics, chasis, suspension and engine all been taken to the next level.

Almeria next month with a 3rd gen - not too shabby!

Re original post, I bought my S1000RR in March 2010 (Gulp,6 years ago) and have never bothered to test ride any of the later versions. I am not sure I could ride one any quicker apart from the latest with the suspension helping out.

I guess the suspension is a massive improvement on a 2010 bike?

Phil

I went from a 13 - 15RR and had the same dilemma as you, however you'll find the DDC subtle but very effective - significantly ironing out road imperfections, the auto blipper is a revelation, the 15 bike also revs quicker, has a lighter 'feel' and has a roomier (well apart from higher pegs) riding position. It really is a step up..

Last edited:
If you make the jump i have a 2015 1000rr sport in black if your interested, ?11995

Latest posts

Back