Workshop manual

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve2406

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this site so any help for a noob is appreciated. Im after a full workshop manual for a gen1, genuine BMW one if possible? Im sure there will be a thread on here somewhere, i have had a look about but cant find one, can someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers, Noob

I couldn?t find one for a Gen3 so ended up buying a Haynes Manual. Actually very good.
You just reminded me, I emailed Haynes recently about the dreadful quality of their photographs (many of which are non model specific and decades old) and also the poor paper quality which doesn't help the resolution of the images..

They're reply.. was a cost thing, and buyers wouldn't pay any more, I disagreed...

It's a handy manual but they need to move with the times and improve the quality..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I agree that image and paper quality of Haynes manuals is bad. It has got worse in recent years, the photos were never great but some are barely legible now. I would also pay more for a decent quality manual - like tools 'buy quality buy once'

Haynes should go digital so you subscribe / buy from the site and have access to huge pictures you can zoom.

Or do a set of downloadable images for extra.

Saying that, they may already, I have never looked.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Haynes should go digital so you subscribe / buy from the site and have access to huge pictures you can zoom.

Or do a set of downloadable images for extra.

Saying that, they may already, I have never looked.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
They have, to a mixed reception, however, a paper manual is still the medium of choice I would think for many of us.

I bought a workshop manual for my 1st Gixxer 1100 and that cost about 40 quid in 1988, as per Rob's tools analogy.....

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
haynes is ok, i've also got bmw manual on cd from ebay for gen 1

Latest posts

Back