Wobbly Side Stand 15RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
My side stand has come loose! Bike recently went in for it's 6k service :-/ They also did the gear lever recall...any idea if they remove the side stand in order to fit new gear lever?? ...i'm thinking maybe they've forgotten to tighten the stand bolts properly?? Hmmmm, anyone know what torque setting the two side stand bolts should be? Cheers ;)

Where did you take yours for service, was it Chester? If so, one to watch out as mine is booked there too and for the recall work as well.

Where did you take yours for service, was it Chester? If so, one to watch out as mine is booked there too and for the recall work as well.
I took mine to Manchester......bought my bike from Chester and experienced the worst customer service of my life! .....having said that the guys in their workshop (especially Carl) we're really friendly and professional.

Not sure if this is related.... Do you tend to pivot your bike on the side stand to turn it around?
good point but I NEVER pivot my bike on its side stand....i see a lot of my mates doing that and wait for the day one snaps off mid-pivot! :uncomfortableness:

I don't care what anyone says, the flimsy stands on sports bikes are definitely not designed to spin 200kg around on!

Recall

The recall doesn't require removing the side stand to fit the replacement part.

good point but I NEVER pivot my bike on its side stand....i see a lot of my mates doing that and wait for the day one snaps off mid-pivot! :uncomfortableness:

I don't care what anyone says, the flimsy stands on sports bikes are definitely not designed to spin 200kg around on!

I've been spinning my current blade in the garage for the past 2 year.... never even a whisper it causing a problem.... when the BM arrives... well, I guess not.....

Blimey - I'd never considered turning a bike on its side stand! Definitely not something I ever intend to do.

Me either. So weak, i bent mine just by straping down in a van

Its the kind of thing you'd do with a 125 shitter not a 15 grand litre bike

That's why I got the Bursig stand for my RR, so I never had to spin it on the stand.

At least with the RR you don't live in constant fear of it rolling off the side stand at rest.....try having a K13 as your second bike...... :-(

The service dvd shows 2 x M8 screws, tightening torque 25Nm.

The single, main screw (pivot) is 35Nm.
Brilliant :) thanks Soof....i'd have struggled to get that info from my dealer....they're hopeless!:livid:
....service DVD you say?? How might someone get their mitts on a copy?!:star:

To be honest I've turned blade around loads of times
never had a problem but ,now I have 1 jack etc sound never needed to spin s1k
but they will take the weight ,but won't risk as u say expensive bike

Watched a few turn there bikes round on the stand yesterday at donny. Made every hair on my body stand on end

I saw this for the first time last night (a mate) then another out on the ride today do it! SNAP.... oh dear.... i don't think so...

Latest posts

Back