Windscreen bolts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
Hi,

What Torx size are the 6 windscreen bolts. I think the windscreen design on this bike leaves a lot to be desired the open bottom section means flies on inside and out after a blast. So need to remove it completely to clean it properly.

Also what's the thinking on best double bubble screen?

Thanks

Alan

T20 if memory serves Alol, I had a Puig screen on my 2012 RR and have had a BMW tall screen in my HP4 since new, both are good but I think the BMW one is a bit more rigid, which I prefer.

JimmyMac

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for a Skidmarx TT screen. It's very tall and allows you to really tuck in behind it. Not the best build quality if I'm honest but fitted OK and I really like the look.
66269eef2f6e7dc2c5628a11bfd0eeb2.jpg
c59fe0f9487a3128890c6745645384b8.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

+1 on the Skidmarx TT screen.

It's not the best build quality, but is optically very good and offers excellent wind protection

Thanks guys i am really loving the forum. As a newbie i am probably asking lots of daft questions but there you go.....

Glad you're enjoying the forum alol!

There's no such thing as a daft question, only a daft answer :).

MRA screens are probably the best screens out there in terms of quality to be honest, but I have not actually seen one on a Gen 3 in person, had pretty much every type of screen available for sports bikes over the years and have always settled on MRA based on the guaranteed fit and durability of the screen itself.

Just my tuppence worth :tranquillity:

I did look at one of those MRA on HPS website last week. I ordered one for my RSV4 a couple of yrs ago but before taking delivery i saw one on a bike at Cadwell Park and i thought it looked hideous so i cancelled it prior to it being expidited. Ended up buying a F.Fabbri one in the end.

The Aprilia ones do have a bit of a quirky shape to them and are angled rather than rounded, it's supposed to follow the lines of the bike, the BMW one is more rounded and works well, mind you so does the Aprilia one, particularly if you have big shoulders and are needing to get behind the screen :tranquillity:

I have an MRA on a 17. Fit and finish is top. Got MRA because the ZeroG was too expensive.

Fyi the gap at the bottom is for aerodynamics and improves the airflow over and under the screen and into the airbox too.

- Sent from Mobile

I have an MRA on a 17. Fit and finish is top. Got MRA because the ZeroG was too expensive.

Fyi the gap at the bottom is for aerodynamics and improves the airflow over and under the screen and into the airbox too.

- Sent from Mobile

Yes i get that having it designed that way would assist in reducing turbulence etc but the downside is not only air flows through but crap as well!

ZG Corsa is a great screen,taller and wider than a double bubble.
Good wind deflection from the body too.

Back