Whoopsie !!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simon d link=topic=1513.msg14476#msg14476 date=1349717155 said:
Ya cant turn that mint bike into a track whore Lioyd its toooo nice ;)
he he watch me Simon lol I'll strip it all down and putting racing fairings on her. Was thinking about buying a different bike for the track,but love the Beemer,like Russ says I drive for a living and its getting too risky on the roads mate. I've lost all interest street riding now. Roll on next year!

No point having a bike like the S1000RR just for road riding imho. There are bikes far more suited to road riding. I also dont see the point of having one of these and a much inferior bike to ride on the track.
This bike was built to be on a track.
Its the only place when you can experiment with its performance. I nearly said utilise, but realised that would be dreaming lol.

Godzilla link=topic=1513.msg14495#msg14495 date=1349722180 said:
No point having a bike like the S1000RR just for road riding imho. There are bikes far more suited to road riding. I also dont see the point of having one of these and a much inferior bike to ride on the track.
Its the only place when you can experiment with its performance. I nearly said utilise, but realised that would be dreaming lol.

^^ Agreed ;D

Thats it I'm sold on the idea now! Have to agree Godzilla ;)

enjoy track time but to be honest it keep my pace down on the road not makes me want to ride the road like a track, if i get a few track days in im happy to keep down on the road (well, most of the time :eek:) just enjoy being in the saddle too much to do track only. although youre right, even taking it easy can do some serious damage to your licence.

Agreed, I dont really push it on the road anymore, as to get the buzz I would be doing dangerous silly speeds.

However I do still enjoy a day out with friends and the social aspect, just dont ride solo much anymore.

I agree track riding is the dogs but cant put the bike away in october till march ish every year. Need to be in the saddle surely that length of time off would drive ya crackers. ;) unless ya got the money n time 4 over sea track time yum yum :D

I enjoy Trackdays but also like to get out on the road with a couple of mates , hate straights with a vengance so ride on B roads looking for twisties . I know BM is wrong bike for this , should get someting like a Superduke but ha hoe ??? Enjoy social side of meeting up heading for far off cafe or whatever . Each to their own and trackdays improve your riding skills in my humble opinion. Thank GOD we are all different is all I say.

Agreed, but!

BMW should have spent more on the Suspension, its not up to being on track.

phil link=topic=1513.msg14564#msg14564 date=1349798624 said:
Agreed, but!

BMW should have spent more on the Suspension, its not up to being on track.

True dat !!

simon d link=topic=1513.msg14527#msg14527 date=1349727204 said:
I agree track riding is the dogs but cant put the bike away in october till march ish every year. Need to be in the saddle surely that length of time off would drive ya crackers. ;) unless ya got the money n time 4 over sea track time yum yum :D

You'll be surprised how many good days you can have in Nov. I usually start again in Feb/March time. Only really miss out on Dec, Jan. Not too bad really.

Talking about Euro Days. I'm gonna book one for next winter. Anyone else fancy it ? Probably Almeria

Thinking very hard about Russ. I notice that Easy have taken over Hottraks who did all the European tracks. So when you say book one do you mean just tag along to one of Easy's

Lol not quite. I was thinking maybe doing Almeria, Aragon, Jerez or similar. I'm defo going to do one of them not sure which one yet. Easy Track don't visit these tracks yet so it's gonna have to be full price and with another organiser (preferably not Focused Event)

the bike is fantastic on track thats what its made for

love the track cant wait till next year to put it back on.

we do sometimes push it in other places but that adds to the fun of the s1000

This would be my summer break cos I don't do beach holidays. I was also looking at Almeria or Cartegena which was recommended by Darren at MCT. +1 on not FE.

Parley Waller link=topic=1513.msg14532#msg14532 date=1349728373 said:
I enjoy Trackdays but also like to get out on the road with a couple of mates , hate straights with a vengance so ride on B roads looking for twisties . I know BM is wrong bike for this , should get someting like a Superduke but ha hoe ??? Enjoy social side of meeting up heading for far off cafe or whatever . Each to their own and trackdays improve your riding skills in my humble opinion. Thank GOD we are all different is all I say.
One advantage of living in sheffield, pull out of my garage, turn left into the Peak District or even better turn right into Lincolnshire. unbelievable roads and loads of meets for the social aspect.

bananaman link=topic=1513.msg14606#msg14606 date=1349819193 said:
Am i missing summat bout fe?

Having done trackdays with every company going FE come bottom for me on organisation. My main complaint is they pack too many people in each group and then don't police it.

The best overseas TD I have been on was organised by Racedays. They were well organised and even throw in some fun races if you want to give it a go. Euro TD are defiantly great value for money and I wish could do more.

Latest posts

Back