Which would you choose?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbob

Reaction score
Both quite different bikes , the tuono is fast , the MV is light
Both about the same price
Which would you pick and why

4c9ca19290c30636b5e2850ff2a6e5c2_zpsqkczui71.jpg

ca38a3d448231da0ee6f4ed7b06b8404_zps0nxkcmjd.jpg

af8e51c54db9fbe0ca4d29ed6b82f19f_zpszbvvqizr.jpg

MV is more of an event.
Aprilia more bike.

I expect I'd buy the Aprilia but always wish I'd got the MV. Cause I'm too reserved!

MV, for all of the above, plus how satisfied you'll feel after giving it a good clean and polish and standing back to admire.

Can't really comment on the MV as have never ridden one, however the new Tuono will be epic!! I swapped from a Tuono V4 APRC to my S1000rr and part of me really misses it's character.
The electronics are just superb. Launch control - funny but pointless!
Wheelie control - actually works.
Traction control - absolutely amazing. Seeing the little orange light flickering when you're on the power is very reassuring! Plus, being able to flick up and down whilst on the move is brilliant.
And now for the noise, it's like thunder!!
It's comfy on the road and plenty fast enough for trackdays. I've had a few people come up to me after a session genuinely surprised at it's pace when I overtook them!
I had a few recall issues with mine and yes parts can be a pain to get sometimes. However if you find a decent mechanic close to you (I can recommend you one in the South) then it's not too bad.

...........I miss that V4!! Might have a quick look on Autotrader.......

Just a thought but what about the Diavel? It's got plenty of theatre too...

Nah not for me , already got a multistrada
Want something a bit different
I like the factory aprilia except for the fucked up writing all over it and the lack of dealers is a problem

Mate of mine has a tuono and has had loads of problems with the gearbox it's needing a second rebuild and he'd been waiting four months for the parts

Nah not for me , already got a multistrada
Want something a bit different
I like the factory aprilia except for the fucked up writing all over it and the lack of dealers is a problem
Aprilia for me as its a better bike isnt it? What about a KTM 1290 Super Duke R?

Had an sd before loved it
Also had an 1190 and lost 4k on it in a year , so no I won't be doing that again
Tried both today and bought an aprilia , donning ton blue , arrives in a fortnight ��

Good choice!!
If you're after a full carbon Akrapovic exhaust with link pipe then gimme a shout. My brother has one for sale.

Good choice!!
If you're after a full carbon Akrapovic exhaust with link pipe then gimme a shout. My brother has one for sale.

Will it fit the 1100 ?
I am interested
Will the end can fit on its own and then put. The link pipe on when it's run in ?
Or is it completely different

As far as I know the 1100 is just a big-bore version of the old Tuono V4. If that's the case it will fit. Not sure what you mean about fitting on it's own but the whole system has a racing cat on it. Comes with baffle too.

As far as I know the 1100 is just a big-bore version of the old Tuono V4. If that's the case it will fit. Not sure what you mean about fitting on it's own but the whole system has a racing cat on it. Comes with baffle too.

What I meant is
Is the slip on the same as what your brother has , I only want to fit the slip on and the headers at a later date so would the end fit on the standard cat ?

I know on the Beemer the two things are different

How much he want for it

Yeah the link pipe and exhaust fits straight onto the standard headers. If you pm me an email address I can send some pics over to you. He's looking for ?450 which I think is fair (the baffle cost him ?50 on it's own).

Back