Which mode do yous ride / sport race slick rain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kw1

Reaction score
Been new to the bike I haven't taken it out of rain mode yet as only been on it twice - today want to change that !!!
What modes yous ride

Test them all and decide which you like most. Sport is the defacto road mode. But some like Race and it's reduced DTC intrusion and more aggressive throttle.

As Alex said. Test them all out and choose which one you like the most. Me personally, race. But then I turn the traction control off as when the front wheel lifts, it cuts in which I don't like. Used to ride in slick mode but decided race is the one for me with the traction off.

As Alex said. Test them all out and choose which one you like the most. Me personally, race. But then I turn the traction control off as when the front wheel lifts, it cuts in which I don't like. Used to ride in slick mode but decided race is the one for me with the traction off.

Yep, you're spot on there mate, race gives you the best of all worlds and if you want to pull a wheelie, just hit the DTC button and hang on! Haha

As above really RACE with DTC off OR Slick, I have been bouncing between them both still not 100% sure which i prefer...

Ran around on Sport for the first few months of ownership, on Race all the time now. Well, it will be until it goes at the end of the month!

Thanks for all the advice :)
I tryed all modes today an what a bike it's breath taking absolutely love it
Anyway sport was good
Race was unbelievable performance was unreal
Slick was a suicide mission but enjoyed every minute of it
Was pulling wheelies in race & slick my bike don't have the Dtc function

Picked my one up on Wednesday. Have only put about 300 miles on it. Rain and Sport modes were rejected as they seemed to muted on their throttle response. I've settled on Race mode now however I did pop it back on rain mode yesterday for a while as I tried to eeek out as many miles as I could once the yellow fuel light came on. It felt so slow (which is weird as my Firebalde that I replaced the S1k for was about the same BHP and it felt quick enough) :)

Back