What's the Best tyre choice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200 rear fitted in place of the 190.

Eccentric flipped upside down to slightly raise back end up by 12mm and give quicker turn in.

200 rear fitted in place of the 190.

Eccentric flipped upside down to slightly raise back end up by 12mm and give quicker turn in.

I'm liking the eccentric flip, is this something that anyone can do, or do you need to have spent ??? and time to organise?

Takes about 5 minutes to do it.

If you can use a socket set,then you can do this.

I have pics of it here.

Dont forget to torque it and loctite it back up though

Yes,and the bike was setup for my weight too,with regards the suspension.

Very happy with the feel and what the bike is doing underneath my bum.

It's more like 5mm at the point of the change.
According to race teams the Gen1 needed this but the other Gens less so.

I've had it on my Gen2 for the last year. But I did it with the massive upgrade of everything - so can't comment on that alone.

I've had it on my Gen2 for the last year. But I did it with the massive upgrade of everything - so can't comment on that alone.
Ah ok gotcha thanks. I'm going to look at this though, interesting...
Sorry for derail, back to the tyres...

I've got 200 and flipped adjuster as well, no probs, I like the quicker turn in

Just for anyone who's reading this now.

I had a set of Dunlop SportSmart 2 Max (very new, just released this year) fitted on Saturday. ?230 for a pair, fitted to loose wheels, and after the first 150miles I'm very impressed. Heat up well, grip is good, turn-in is good, nice light steering and progressive lean. Looks like they'll wear well too.

Very decent for the price. Be interesting to see how they go, but for now I'm well happy. I was going to go M7RR, but the local fitting guy had these in stock, and they were a chunk cheaper too.

the eccentric flip makes turn in a tad quicker more sudden. Slightly raises the back and.
I have the bikes suspension set up for my weight too.

Back