What Premier members can offer each other?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I help run a small technology company based in Notts, primarily looking after internal operations and the development team. I'm a developer by trade - programming in various (older) languages, ex security manager for TUI, infrastructure architect - uber TFC & CSS gamer - jack of all (IT) trades really..

I run my own vehicle leasing brokerage, for Business and Personal Leasing for cars and vans.
Will give any Premium Member my best price and also any advice re leasing is free.
Been at it over 20 years so not much I do not know

I'm a financial advisor basically if someone need a good insurance ( life , income protection or accident, house or content) I can help You guys ;)

And now I'm in the middle of work with open small restaurant for my lady ;) so soon wee can make a forum party at the place ;)

As Im living in Southampton with a garage & spare room if anyone is planning a ferry journey abroad, its two miles from mine to the ferry port which might be more convenient for you gents if you plan an early ferry to stop over at mine the previous day and night.

As Im living in Southampton with a garage & spare room if anyone is planning a ferry journey abroad, its two miles from mine to the ferry port which might be more convenient for you gents if you plan an early ferry to stop over at mine the previous day and night.

I am on the Portsmouth ferry in July so may take you up on that :).

What do you do for a living?

Well I'm curious to get to know you all a bit better and I'm sure this will be an interesting thread, so what do you do for a living or what have you done?

Me personally,

Finished school at 16 then went straight into an electrical installation apprenticeship at the age of 16
Finished my apprenticeship when I was 20 and now fully qualified with a Gold Card
Currently I'm 21 and still an electrician but wish to move onto something else which still requires an electrician, e.g working on an oil rig

Last edited:
Re: What do you do for a living?

Hello Mate,

I was a fisherman until the age of 18 then i went straight offshore on the oil rigs 12 years later i'm still here 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.

Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: What do you do for a living?

Hello Mate,

I was a fisherman until the age of 18 then i went straight offshore on the oil rigs 12 years later i'm still here 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.

Ross

Is getting a job on a oil rig as an electrician tough?

Work Offshore as a Subsea Engineer - fix and repair BOP's (Blow Out Preventer) so if you ever need your BOP fixed give me a shout ha ha ha ha ha . - i think its a good thing to know, i just read that few there and said to myslef . Oh thats good to know.

Cheers
Chris

I need a new set of blind shear rams Chris can you help ?

Lot of Oil & Gas folk on here!

I'm the same, Production/Shutdown/Projects offshore and onshore for the last 20yrs. Now self employed and currently in Shetland.

Not sure what I can help with, I regularly travel from Yorkshire to Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh in the van so if folk need stuff transporting I can help. Pretty handy with spanners, know my way around setting up suspension and have been doing a few courses to improve my setup/modifying and servicing knowledge on forks & springs.

Toured all over Europe if anyone needs advice in that sort of thing and spend most of my time these days riding on track.

Uhh, Not sure what happened to my thread but it all got merged haha :p

I'll say mine again in the context of this thread,
Been an electrician for 4 and a half years so if any of you are doing your DIY jobs and need some assistance on how to wire or terminate the cables HMU :)

Somebody moved your post to this thread 'cos we can :) and it already kinda existed. Here is private too, which is better for talking about work etc.

Latest posts

Back