What else do i need for a trackday???

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdave139

Reaction score
So i've done plenty of car trackdays in the past but never a bike one, i'm looking to do one in the next few weeks.

I have the usual array of tools, paddock stand etc, and i have bought track fairings (Thanks Niven770)
but i know from car days theres always little things that you need, or would make life easier... any suggestions welcome!

Cheers
Dave

The things I'd find it hassle without would be:

Good tyre pump and gauge
Tyre pressure gauge
Funnel or decanting jug for fuel
Good length extension lead and multi adaptor
Drinks and snacks
Folding chair
Visor cleaning kit and plenty of earplugs
Spare bike key hidden away somewhere
A big fat wallet comes in useful too at times...

Thanks guys, couple of bits to add to the list there.

this might sound like a stupid question... and thats probably because it is... but bearing in mind the side stand is removed when i put track fairings on (and assuming you dont have a mate present for pit crew) when you come in after a session, how do you get your bike on the paddock stand?! :confused:

thanks for the help
Dave

No side stand is a pain.
My last track bike had the stand removed and I actually found it worse at home if I wanted to move the bike around and either needed somebody there with me or had to put a second stand at the location the bike was going to.
At the track you just need to get into a routine and leave the stand in the same place when you remove it and stop the bike in the same spot each time you come in and take your time getting off and positioning the stand.

Thanks guys, couple of bits to add to the list there.

this might sound like a stupid question... and thats probably because it is... but bearing in mind the side stand is removed when i put track fairings on (and assuming you dont have a mate present for pit crew) when you come in after a session, how do you get your bike on the paddock stand?! :confused:

thanks for the help
Dave

It's a right pain, particularly when you are breathing through your arse and no strength left in your hands but you do get used to it :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=707514 = Trackday Hints and tips.

And don't you dare cut that bloody fairing :)

You will love it Dave, nothing beats it.
Davy

And don't you dare cut that bloody fairing :)
Oooops! i did more than cut it i'm afraid! :D
10153790_10152704021023032_409541037_n.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys, i think i'll try it a few times in the garage, on & off the bike and onto paddock without side stand, see what happens!

Latest posts

Back