What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I see that name I always think of an Aussie telling someone what he thinks of another person.... Faaakem lol.

Smart box too eh ! with the missing tool windows.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

IMG_1367.jpg
Some nice shiny new bolts to replace the chewing gum versions I seem to have on my bars. Toolkit should arrive today as well - but so far the delivery guy has not seen fit to call in.

Thanks Mick! Will look to get this recovered at some point.

95ef7c01358a66ce3f5a65fbf06975c1.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

Bought from Mick... bargain at 75 quid... perfect fit. Ideal for a day or 2 away....
1c954fe77afeec6652859fad14b18e9e.jpg
3c8974d88705bd0222c734d1244e94f7.jpg

Mint condition too...very happy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I got my HP rearsets today was so excited! Just as I was on my way home the dealer phoned me telling me he sent me the wrong pair :(

Cheers. Prob a small fortune new☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think about ?220. There was one on eBay this week.
Same model fits all years.

- Sent from Mobile

?220 not bad for BMW standards if the seat works well. Still finding standard seat comfier than the fireblade on longer journeys,will see if that starts to change this year with more use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We'll find out how good it is got a couple of hundred miles to do Saturday. Pretty sure it raises the seat height 20mm, so you get more leg room with the softer seat too.

- Sent from Mobile

I'd be interested to here about this too Alex, ?220 to keep your arse in check isn't too bad a deal! Especially if you are covering decent mileage on the roads!

We'll find out how good it is got a couple of hundred miles to do Saturday. Pretty sure it raises the seat height 20mm, so you get more leg room with the softer seat too.

- Sent from Mobile

Interested to hear if this puts more weight on your wrists though Alex, I've been looking at one of these too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- Sent from Mobile

It definitely feels like it sits a tad higher, I couldn't actually say whether or not it made a huge difference to the backside over a long journey because I never tend to feel it that bad, it's the knees that seize up before my cheeks do! :D

During my 230 mile trip around North Wales last Sunday my arse would've appreciated a bit more cosseting from the standard seat.

Going to Spain in September I'd be interested to see how you go with it.

As far as second hand they are like hens teeth and not sure on justifying ?220 for a new is the way to go. Rather put the money in the fuel tank and take regular stops.

I have, in the past with a Fire Blade, purchased a second hand standard seat and had it padded out and recovered which worked out well but lost touch with the guy who done that for me .

Speaking from experience here (I bought a comfort seat from a forum member not too long ago) I can honestly say that it's worth every penny. Your knees aren't as tight & compressed and the seat, although firm, has that little bit more give so my old arse bones don't go numb as they used to. I've not experienced any additional weight on the wrists either.

Speaking from experience here (I bought a comfort seat from a forum member not too long ago) I can honestly say that it's worth every penny. Your knees aren't as tight & compressed and the seat, although firm, has that little bit more give so my old arse bones don't go numb as they used to. I've not experienced any additional weight on the wrists either.

Good to know thanks. If your selling it anytime soon let me know :adoration:

Latest posts

Back