What bike alarm is best?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ eneasz, have you also got an alarm on your current bike now?

Did your CBR theft attempt experience made you think, had you not had an alarm or heard it, you would not have recovered your bike?

At the end of the day (comes night ;D), I'm going to make it less easy for the crims to take my bike, any way which way I can.

Fini,

I was only pulling your leg. The merits of an alarm are very simple.

If you feel better with an alarm, get one fitted.
If you feel better without an alarm, don't get one fitted or if it's a BMW one don't use it.

Simples. :)

Allan

both times I think I would not see my bike if not alarm/immobilizer ( i found it always with cables outside) but this is just 125 so we are talking about kids who don't have white vans and all they want is trash your bike somewhere in the bush/river when they finish with it. With s1k I believe the bike will disappear from where it is in less than a minute or they will not take a risk. So they will find one where they can park van next to it, and drop it to van with chain , disk lock etc, and play with it in the middle of nowhere. You have to remember, people who steal they usually don't work because they are lazy, so they always hunt for something easy and expensive, if you make them to work for price, they may just not be interested in and go for something else that will be easier and they will not risk that much. This is how it usually looks like

How long does it take to steal a motorcycle?
Dude stealing my motorcycle PART 1
Dude stealing my motorcycle PART 2
Man Steals $20,000 Motorcycle in less than one minute www.TheAutoContact.com
Suzuki GSX-R 750 being stolen from a Hotel in Auckland CBD - New Zealand
Motorcycle thieves hit Boyertown store
Honda CBR600RR 2007 STOLEN!

Just showing those so you know how they work and what to be aware of. If they really want they will take it but, they usually go for easy things, don't make it easy for them.

Back