What a Cock?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I take it by the comments above everyone is an instructor and when out riding focus totally on body positions and road speed? Yeah right we can all talk the bullshit, his body position wasn't right, not fast enough. Blah blah
We all take risks when out riding I don't care who you are there will always be times where you get lucky!
We ride litre bikes, sometimes we push them and now and again maybe a little too far, he was just one of the unlucky ones
Just think if the car wasn't there then we would of never even seen the vid
Now go out and smash them B roads. Lol

I used to ride with a guy who 'took risks' i.e. taking blind corners quickly or assuming that anything beyond his view of the road wasn't going to be an issue, every ride out was a race. He was 'lucky'. After my first child was born I stopped riding with him. Another friend of mine continued to ride with him despite my concerns, and was killed 2 years ago in Scotland when they were out together. He was taking a right hand bend and had drifted into the oncoming lane and got clipped by an oncoming van. He died at the scene. It was his birthday.

I'm not an instructor but every time I ride on public roads my aim is to return home safely with no 'that was lucky' moments. Having a 'lucky' moment, in my opinion, is just that, luck, one day it will run out.

Clearly an emotive subject this, but every time I see a twat being a twat on a motorbike I remember Darwin's theory of natural selection. They probably won't last the ride.

I used to ride with a guy who 'took risks' i.e. taking blind corners quickly or assuming that anything beyond his view of the road wasn't going to be an issue, every ride out was a race. He was 'lucky'. After my first child was born I stopped riding with him. Another friend of mine continued to ride with him despite my concerns, and was killed 2 years ago in Scotland when they were out together. He was taking a right hand bend and had drifted into the oncoming lane and got clipped by an oncoming van. He died at the scene. It was his birthday.

I'm not an instructor but every time I ride on public roads my aim is to return home safely with no 'that was lucky' moments. Having a 'lucky' moment, in my opinion, is just that, luck, one day it will run out.

Clearly an emotive subject this, but every time I see a twat being a twat on a motorbike I remember Darwin's theory of natural selection. They probably won't last the ride.

Well said, if he's a hero he should prove it on the track or at the TT...not the A537.

We all press on at times, it is part of owning a bike but there's pressing on & there's f@cking up. He was very much the latter on that occasion.

So I take it by the comments above everyone is an instructor and when out riding focus totally on body positions and road speed? Yeah right we can all talk the bullshit, his body position wasn't right, not fast enough. Blah blah
We all take risks when out riding I don't care who you are there will always be times where you get lucky!
We ride litre bikes, sometimes we push them and now and again maybe a little too far, he was just one of the unlucky ones
Just think if the car wasn't there then we would of never even seen the vid
Now go out and smash them B roads. Lol
Not an instructor but several factors support the assertion that he is a cock. Factor 1, if you watch the longer video he is almost harassing another rider in front of him before passing. Factor 2, numerous times he crossed the double white lines. Factor 3, the position he was in when he turned in before going on to the wrong side of the road was ridiculous. Factor 4 he posted it on the web after looking into the camera, in a "If any police want evidence I am a cock, and who I am, heres my face!" Factor 4 alone is enough to allow him to be called a cock!

well its a tough one , being a cat regular , he should have spotted the lines turning to double white lines , the next left hander would definately have got him had he not bottled it and stoood thebike up to just miss the car.
easily said in hindsight.
To balance that , he overcooked a left hander , something most people will have done in their lifetime....I can still remember mine...I was lucky there was no car there.
I defy any biker to have not overcooked a left hander , its almost a given.
He's only 22 years old , maybe he shit it that much he thought if he shared his experience , it mihgt help someone out...
who knows......
I suppose I am part of the "He's afucking idiot" parade.......
The main reason for that.....I was "that " idiot once , which is why I am not now.

Funnily enough and of all the bikes to catch up , I was on my KAtoom over Buxton last week.
I ride pretty quick on the road ( I know the roads well) and I caught up a sick green sTHOU ,
I was thinking hey up Im gonna get blatted here and the bloke ( who could be on here) crossed the double white lines and proceeded to head for the on coming traffic as he wobbled down the street. I genuinely just backed off as I didnt want to see him as VOLVO F12 logo coming the other way through my doing
Caught him on the B roads just to see how young he was....he wasnt so young :(

We were all young once and personally I learnt from falling off and other "not so easy" experiences so maybe we shouldnt be so quick to judge

I'm not going to criticise him for his riding, I've made mistakes too. I will criticise for posting the vid on the internet for all to see - "I'm a biker - look what dicks we all are". Its stuff like this that cause glorious stretches of road to be made double white lines and 50mph speed limits. Grrr.......

There is a difference between making a mistake and that shockingly bad exhibition of riding. It was a 'mistake' waiting to happen.
He obviously had no idea of roadcraft and needs to learn some if he is to continue riding.

'might' have just made it round if the car wasn't there . one of his 9 lives gone anyway.

Back