Weld a plastic bin?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2 compartment recycling bin - I've just replaced it with another one, and I was hoping to sell it. The compartments have plastic inners, and the bottom of one has a big crack in it - nothing has broken off. Seems to me that it just needs strengthened and it'll be good for years. I see products on the web for welding plastic, and I think there has been some discussion on here re fixing fairings over the years. Just wondered if there were any dos/don'ts?

This is the piece that is damaged. New one is ?18, but out of stock - l don't want to spend too much as I'll probably only get ?60-70 for the bin if I'm lucky.
https://www.josephjoseph.com/produc...vTNE3u5wv5rL78SduGV-3IlaaoOHYK8caAgCfEALw_wcB

Cheers

Rick

I just plastic welded an old recyclable tall waste bin. Weld it on both sides of the crack, inside and out. Mine held and we use it hooked up to a rain water drain for about 200L of rain water which we'll use on the garden, mine was as cracked as yours. Just take your time and use a good hot soldering iron.

Latest posts

Back