Valencia MotoGP Road trip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
Well lads, after me telling Beavis how bored I get watching track racing, the need to bugger off on a road trip got too much and ten minutes ago I bought a 3 day pass to the Valencia MotoGP. I will be riding down on my GSA and knocking off a few chores on the way.
First I will be travelling through Andorra as that and Portugal are the only two southern European countries I have not ridden in. A quick trip to Girona and Barcelona before the bullies in Madrid close them both and then to the racing.
When that's done I'm going to whizz over to Portugal to complete my bike sticker collection on my pannier then head home somehow.

Anyone else going?

JimmyMac

PS Dunc, I reckon I will be bored out me tits but I need a holiday, lol. Roll on the road racing season.

I will be travelling with my usual biking posse of me, me, me and eh, me.

We did the Valencia race last year Jimmy - in the car though (via overnight ferry to Bilbao) - it was brilliant - excellent track for spectating and with it being the last race of the season, its manic :)

I wish I was going - really do :(

Are you stopping in Valencia city and 'commuting' to the track, or stopping in Cheste? Either way, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time and I shall be in green mode for quite a while. Which colour shirt will you be wearing at the track?

Sounds like a great trip Jimmy, I must do something like this in the next couple of years.

- Sent from Mobile

If you require any advice on Portuguese roads/places to enjoy just let me know. Enjoy!

Cheers lads, Portuguese routes would be great Soof, I usually head for a coastline and make it upon from there. Think I'm going to stop in Benidorm Wayne because I've just looked at a map and its only 2 inches away and the hotels are cheap as a box of Lambert and Butler, very much a yellow t-shirt although a number 04 would be just as good.

I thought you might have been Alex as I know how keen you are on the trackdays over there, to be totally honest I'm just going to get away for a couple of weeks. I have a tracker on my bike Phil so I can download my every move when I get home, have no idea of the mileage but the bikes getting a new pair of tyres before I go.

Already started getting the duty free fags requests, lol.

JimmyMac

As the others have said, have a great trip Jimmy!
Will look forward to seeing some photos and hearing all about it in due course

Jimmy if it wasn't for the fact I'd get sacked I'd be joining you, have a great trip

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the whole trip including pass etc costing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the whole trip including pass etc costing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Ticket for 3 days racing was ?90, have no idea how much it will cost for the rest. I could be away for a week or a fortnight depending on my mood when riding.

JimmyMac

Jimmy,

The MotoGP guys are testing the 2018 bikes on the Monday and Tuesday after the races. Might be a bit boring though. :congratulatory:

Wish i was still going to see the racing, hopefully the championship goes to the last race.

Looking to do this Moto GP in 2018, have a good trip Jimmy, look forward to seeing the story of your trip

Jimmy,

The MotoGP guys are testing the 2018 bikes on the Monday and Tuesday after the races. Might be a bit boring though. :congratulatory:

Wish i was still going to see the racing, hopefully the championship goes to the last race.

I fell asleep twice at he BSB Davy, honestly if the bikers aren't trying to avoid lamposts and kerbstones I get bored easy.

Three nights in Benidorm will give me itchy feet by the Monday, hopefully nothing more, lol.

Cheers Julestys, apparently it's a good one to go to.

JimmyMac

Finally coming round to my way of thinking! You'll love it mate , great road trip as well . I'm off to Qatar for Moto GP in March once it's confirmed, in a plane though !

Well, looks like you’re in for a real treat Jimmy. Without giving too much away (if you haven’t seen this weeks GP yet) ... the event should be electric. Monster jealous now! If you’re up for covering my expenses I’ll come with you :)

Finally coming round to my way of thinking! You'll love it mate , great road trip as well . I'm off to Qatar for Moto GP in March once it's confirmed, in a plane though !

Bet you are VIP again as well eh? I'm more looking forward to switching my phone off Dunc and the road trip with all my pals, lol. Don't go to Qatar on the plane, take an old Vespa and you'll meet loads more characters.

Well, looks like you?re in for a real treat Jimmy. Without giving too much away (if you haven?t seen this weeks GP yet) ... the event should be electric. Monster jealous now! If you?re up for covering my expenses I?ll come with you :)

Watch it last night on catch up Wayne, superb. "Mapping 8". Don't think it was needed though, the winner would have done it anyway. Looks like a good race coming up. I would have taken you pillion Wayne but theres no room once I pack my hairdryer, baby wipes and straighteners. Haha.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
If you can stay in Cheste its mental through there at night, Cracking track for watching the racing and like said before they start next years testing on the Monday & Tuesday after the race

Bet you are VIP again as well eh? I'm more looking forward to switching my phone off Dunc and the road trip with all my pals, lol. Don't go to Qatar on the plane, take an old Vespa and you'll meet loads more characters.

Yep VIP money can't buy access , can't wait. Pals , I'm not going !!

Aye, ALL my pals are coming Dunc, just calll me Billy. You can get them all on the back of my HP4 with the cowl still fitted, lol.

Whose going to Qatar with you?

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back