V-Trec Levers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooker

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I?ve just fitted my ?15 with a set of German V-Trec levers from BS Mototparts (http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/brake--and-clutch-levers/vx-safety/v-trec-vx-safety-brake--clutch-lever-set-bmw-s-1000-rr-15-16-i4040-83491-0.htm). I?d seen positive reviews of these on theS1000R and S1000XR sites and thought, for 60 quid, why not?

These are the folding ones and are slightly shorter than standard. Quality and fit is first class. I had to move the paddle for the clutch switches from the BMW lever, but they even supply a screwdriver for this purpose! I also changed the supplied capscrews on the tops of the levers for button heads as I think they look better.

Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited the OP with a different colour of txt so that it shows up on the default forum colour scheme.

Edited the OP with a different colour of txt so that it shows up on the default forum colour scheme.

I started the post in a Word document, in order to make sure that all the links were correct. When I copied it into the forum it looked fine as a draft, but lesson learned!

I started the post in a Word document, in order to make sure that all the links were correct. When I copied it into the forum it looked fine as a draft, but lesson learned!

No worries - it gives the mods something to do ;)

@Snooker - Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a set ready to fit when my S arrives next week :)

Still €74.95 including shipping - so ~?60 at current exchange rate.

We finally got a half decent day here in Northern Ireland and I thought that it was time to check that these levers actually work, particularly the clutch lever.

And guess what? The clutch lockout worked fine, but on my first test run there was no quickshifter or cruise control! So I went straight back home to check everything again. Both contacts on the micro switch were functioning correctly but I did clean some surplus grease off them (from greasing the pivot bolt). I also turned the BMW alarm off (when this was fitted at the first service last year it disabled the quickshifter). I took the bike for a second run and both quickshifter and cruise control worked perfectly this time. I stopped, turned the alarm back on and again everything was functioning correctly.

So I'm not quite sure what I managed to do, but the levers seem to work fine.

Just ordered.

Not sure if anyone else saw the same, but when I did a checkout, if I paid in Euros, it was free shipping (but not if I paid in ?GBP)... Anyway, hopefully will also have nice new levers arriving next week.

I had a message to do this afternoon and I decided to take the bike. I'm pleased to report that everything with the QS and CC is now working just as it should. :cool-new::cool-new::cool-new:

Glad to hear they work properly!

My levers arrived today from Germany, nice fast delivery and they look well made.

All I need now is a bike to attach them too...

just fitted v-trec levers nice bit of kit no probs with the q/s c/c thanks for the heads up but the invoice did say it was suzuki/ yamaha i emailed them they said some bikes use the same levers they will fit and they did happy days

Just to add, fitted to mine too, and cruise and QS both work fine - much better looking than the standard ones.

When you move the microswitch trigger piece across from the original OEM clutch lever to the new one, you need to use the original tiny bolt too, and it took a little bit aligning with the microswitches as the bolt was quite tight but works perfectly now.

Latest posts

Back