Upgrades for ?120

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bry641

Reaction score
Have ?120 burning a hole in my paypal account. Looking to add a upgrade but don't know what.
He's a list of what I have already.
Rad and oil guard
renthal kevlar grips
tinted screen
bmw tank bag
gb racing covers and frame sliders
r&g tail tidy
bmw oem led indicators
ventura luggage
rizoma brake and clutch levers

any ideas.

I'm liking the get drunk idea. I have a new set of tyres on the bike. Lightech chain adjusters are out of my price range. Thinking stomp grip and maybe new petrol cap.

What about riding gear? New gloves? Textile jacket? Short boots for summer?

All riding gear been upgraded since I changed bike. ALPINESTARS super tech r boots, Knox handroid gloves. New RST tractech one piece plus Arai rx7 gp. If I don't spend the money then the wife and the boy gets it to spend and I really begrudge that. :adoration:

Buy a track day...come to the BMW Cadwell or Snetterton days. The former is ?120 ;)

Sounds good. Think my local track kirkistown has a track day for ?70. Not sure I'm ready to try a track day on the s1k. :hororr::hororr:

The BMW days are road bike only and in the novice group they take you out nice and steady in what's termed "Duck's and Drake's" sessions at first to get you learning the lines, then you can worry about adding speed later. There is no overtaking for the first session at the very least. It more orderly than going on the road!

Might be a long drive but the August Snetterton date is the day after BSB at brands hatch, which is how I'm spending both days.... Maybe one of the other dates syncs with another round?

All riding gear been upgraded since I changed bike. ALPINESTARS super tech r boots, Knox handroid gloves. New RST tractech one piece plus Arai rx7 gp. If I don't spend the money then the wife and the boy gets it to spend and I really begrudge that. :adoration:

Handroids...excellent choice Bry... ive the gauntlets and the shorter ones... thats me on set number 2 and 3 now

stu's phone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back