Unexpected surprise at Knockhill today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Certi

Reaction score
I was up at Knockhill today getting my suspension tweaked, while I was there I noticed a couple of hooligans making lots of noise on track...

John McGuinness and...

Gordon Shedden!

There must have been some sort of Honda event going on as there was a film crew and everything. The two of them must have been bored though as after lunch they switched rides and Shedden took over the TT Fireblade and McGuinness got behind the wheel of the Honda BTCC car!...

Watching McGuinness braking down the back straight with his back wheel in the air then powering down the start line with his front wheel 5 feet in the air was just awesome! Shedden looked pretty handy on the bike as well I have to say.

Apologies for the poor quality of the pictures, all I had with me was my phone, and this inconsiderate pair weren't going slow enough for me to get a decent shot! lol

Here's a couple of videos of McGuinness doing his thing. I apologise for the audio on these, for some reason the mic on my phone makes videos sound like they're underwater.

Lucky You Certi, great to watch stuff like this without massive crowds.

JimmyMac

Yeah it was a great little surprise. I had watched Shedden go round a couple of times then heard something coming round the track. "That doesn't sound like a car, that sounds like a bike" then it came into view "that is a bike...wait a minute, that looks like John McGuinness....That IS John McGuinness!!!". It was at that point I lost my s**t and was straight on the phone to my pal telling him to get up here! Lol

brilliant Certi, had the pleasure of watching john mcguinness f@#k off into the distance when I was doing my Neil mackenzie track day , man's a legend he didn't even look like he was trying! I take it you're up at Eddie at ERS ? he's good my Bro got his RSV4 set up by him , said his bikes never felt better, road and track.

What tweaks were you getting done to your suspension and who was doing it ?

Just getting the rebound, damping etc. all set as I'm completely clueless when it comes that that side of things. It was Eddie at ERS Racing that did it.

brilliant Certi, had the pleasure of watching john mcguinness f@#k off into the distance when I was doing my Neil mackenzie track day , man's a legend he didn't even look like he was trying! I take it you're up at Eddie at ERS ? he's good my Bro got his RSV4 set up by him , said his bikes never felt better, road and track.

Yeah that's the one. He did what he could with the settings but told me I either need different weighted springs or to put on some weight lol.

lol Eddies a good laugh, bit mad , lucky you Certi I have the complete opposite problem..........

Here's a couple more pics from Monday.

The Honda BTCC trailers...

And John McGuinness' more...modest setup...

lol Eddies a good laugh, bit mad , lucky you Certi I have the complete opposite problem..........

Haha yeah he likes a blether. I turned up at 10:40 and didn't get away till 3pm lol.

Back