Tyres for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dannycox

Hi all

Just bought a brand new S1000RR from ocen BMW in plymouth, the bike has Bridgestone BT 016 tyres on, i know nothing about bridgestone. I have always had Pirelli or Michelin....I was going to ask them to swap the tyres so i have Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 3's as i do a few trackdays etc etc.....

anyone know of these bridgestones??? are they decent track tyres?? or is my decision to swap them to pirelli a good one???

cheers. Danny

Mine lasted 30.2 miles, had them on my gsx and hated them, couldn't believe the BMW had them on. Didn't expect them to go so quickly but wanted rid of them. No feedback and the front used to just give way. Fitted sport smarts and were very sloppy for first 600 miles but not bad now.

Just done 3k on them and gripping and wearing well.

i had them on my ZX6R and they couldnt cope with that.They have no place on a 1000cc, let alone THE 1000cc.

Well thats what i thought, im kind of hoping the dealer will swap them for pirellis for me and i just have to pay the difference!???? I was under the impression that standard tyre was the Metzeler K3's, i was quite surprised when they told me they were bridgestones???

Strange choice of OEM tyre fit! BMW motorrad school run Contiattacks and usually the bikes come with K3s, seems a bit weird as 016s are an old tyre are they not?

Well I just sent the dealer an email, im not happy with the situation as everything i read says the bike should come OEM fitted with Metzeler K3's.....Im wondering wether they have swapped them over so one of the sales team could nick the K3's???? either way i dont see why i should pay for a different set of tyres, if the wrong ones are fitted in the first place????

am i being unreasonable????

I had k3s on mine I think the Gixer 1000's came with the bridgestones

BMW fit Metzeler,Contis' or BT016.

Tell them you are not happy and you want them changed.At worst,see what their demo bike is on and have them!

I hated the Conti Road Attacks that came on mine, i got rid of them after 1000miles even though they had plenty life left in them.
Since then I've done about 7500 on a set of Pilot Road 3's and they have been absolutely brilliant and i can't recommend them enough, They still have shed loads of life left in them which is incredible.
The only problem is they aren't approved by BMW so the dealers wont fit them.

Mmmm....I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression the 2012 Motorsport version came with K3's????? Mine did, but I might be wrong.

Depends on what they were fitting the wk your bike was built....its the same in the car industry... every model has 2 or 3 tyre options

2012 model brand new with conti sport attack 2 , ive done 2000 miles and 2 trackdays and they still going strong and I got no complaints with the tyre

well, i just had a good reply from the dealer and in all fairness they have replicated what a few of you chaps have said. They have three manufacturers, Conti, Bridge and Metzeler. So it could be any of them....so im asking if i can get them changed to pirelli or metzelers.....just a confidence thing really, i dare say the other tyres are fine. I like the look of the Dunlop 211 GP Racers too!!

Just fitted some Michelin Pilot Power 3s for some autobahn bashing. They look like a set of wets and grip feels high on the road. I suspect hot track conditions would make them squirm pretty quick though.

Latest posts

Back