Tyre Warmers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6I6Z6A

Reaction score
I got a feeling I am going to be shot down for this one, but I have a 11 mile commute into work every morning and I wondered would it be a good idea to warm the tires before I set of with some tire warmers, I know they are only for race situations but I don't see why you cant heat your hoops before you set out on a winters morning.

does anyone do this?

will it screw the tires?

is it worth it?

am I a dumb f**?

LOL

Re: Tire Warmers

If you're using the right tyres for the job you don't need them.

Colder weather should be respected and tyres fitted that are appropriate.

Sure, I have a new set of Michelin Pilot Road 4's, there good tires, I am not a reckless rider but a safe one, I always make sure all my bikes have the sufficient tired and pressures for winter, just hypothetically if all was well mechanically with the bike would something like this be worth it? safer?

What tyres are you wanting to warm? At this time of year you'd have to be going some to keep the heat in a sporty tyre and as you're commuting you're wasting your time heating them first. Best bet would be to fit suitable rubber with fast warmup time and good wet grip,metzeler roadtec 01 or Pilot Road 4 would both suit your requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilot road 4, 2010 S1Krr sport (no dtc no abs), I take it that's its not worth it then, oh well thanks for the input guys.

Whatever floats your boat!
Seriously,you could,but I would not use the average warmers with only one heat setting(usually 80c).The ideal solution would be the thermostatically controlled digital ones which you could set at,perhaps,25-35c.There is no point heating them much higher as they will only cool down in cold conditions and over a period of time they would harden due to heat cycles.
I suppose you could take the temperature of the tyre during your journeys and then set the temperature to that.
It's probably easier just to warm the tyres on the move-or take the car,if its cold!

I agree with everything above, but I like your thinking R6I6Z6A.

I seem to remember being told a while ago that using tyre warmers on normal road tyres creates significant problems with the silica compound?

another problem with warmers on the road is that yes as you pull away on your commute you will have good grip but within minits its will be gone. you need to build up heat and grip, not have it and loose it.

As r25sti has mentioned they will be cold within a mile.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I prefer this stunt queen. And yes she does look this hot and ride that well.

B-TeeA9IMAAyG_N.jpg

Tyres,hot chicks,hoops,this went uphill rather quickly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back