TYCO edition

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray5208

Reaction score
Now I know it's a lot of money for what is essentially a tarted up standard RR
but called in my local dealers open day at the weekend and saw a TYCO edition on display
and I have to say VERY, VERY, NICE I loved the look of it.
the salesman recognised me and was all over me to do a deal on my HP4 Carbon
but I resisted.
but I was tempted

Hi Gray, I put a deposit down on one of these last year as each dealer was only getting one.
i looked deeper into it and found that it was wrapped and not painted which put me off. My dealer as yet has not had one as he said they were not as big a seller as BMW thought. Funnily enough another Scottish dealer made much hullabaloo about selling two of them. They never made as much noise when they both got returned!! Have yet to find out why.
My intention was to build my own replica as I know I could do a better job for less money, my advice to you is keep your carbon a few more years. HP 2 Sports are now selling for more than they cost new.
If you get bored of the look you can always change the colour like some good looking chap on here has done.
Lol

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Good to hear more about them JimmyMac, I thought it was a paintjob - a pity they have just done a wrap.

Was it in AJ? They had one on display on Friday. I didn't know it was wrapped but it does look nice, but nothing you couldn't get done elsewhere without the BMW price tag. The only item I spotted which I had not seen before were the 3/4 length frame protectors, with matching colour scheme.

Edit - and you still get the crappy plastic rear hugger with the hole in it for ?20k!

They also have (had?) a very nice looking HP2 Sport for ?12.5k. The sales guy tells me every time I go in that they are going up in value, funny that last year they had one in and it was ?15k.... I am tempted though.

Last edited:
While scouring the dealer network the other day for a new GS (which I sorted) I came across this on Bahnstormer's website for last weekends new season launch, it comes with various HP goodies, akra can and is apparently one of just 15 built, apparently its replica 'paintwork':

J

Last edited:
Hi Gray, I put a deposit down on one of these last year as each dealer was only getting one.
i looked deeper into it and found that it was wrapped and not painted which put me off. My dealer as yet has not had one as he said they were not as big a seller as BMW thought. Funnily enough another Scottish dealer made much hullabaloo about selling two of them. They never made as much noise when they both got returned!! Have yet to find out why.
My intention was to build my own replica as I know I could do a better job for less money, my advice to you is keep your carbon a few more years. HP 2 Sports are now selling for more than they cost new.
If you get bored of the look you can always change the colour like some good looking chap on here has done.
Lol

JimmyMac
were gonna be wrapped, but there not BMW decided to paint them
nice job as well

were gonna be wrapped, but there not BMW decided to paint them
nice job as well

Maybe they were wrapped, people complained, they reacted and did the job properly.

I'd be sorely tempted by a painted one. But not at that price.

All in they were close to ?20K, that is a big chunk of money for what amounts to lightweight wheels, levers, rearsets and can plus the fancy wrapper.

The 2015 with the pro performance pack and other gadgets comes in at a smidge over ?15K does it not, so ?5K or thereabouts for them extras?

Absolutely fine if you want a Tyco race replica admittedly but the one that was being pushed at me when it came down to it didn't justify the price they wanted for it (for me anyway).

You're not far off Mick. The Tyco also has... drum roll.... a mat, and a rear paddock stand, wooo. Weren't bmw also giving out free vip bsb hospitality packages with each purchase?

I thought the 2015 bike with all the options was around ?16.5-?17k? Add the slip-on for ?800???, with the other bits I reckon you are paying around ?2k for the limited edition paintjob which I suppose isn't terrible if you have appendage envy.

What I dont get with the tyco edition is why did they not put a full system on it so it is a race bike rather than a street bike with a paintjob.

Tyco BMW Replica

The only problem with race replicas is that they generally attract an inflated price tag and then look dated the second the race team changes title sponsor, paint scheme or motorcycle brand.

Yeah it is a bit pricy , mind you the paint job and in particular the painted frame covers look a cut above your boggo race rep:

Last edited:
As I said guys ..yes its expensive for what it is
but in the flesh it's very nice and the paint job is quality work
arent all the bikes we ride far more expensive and over the top for what we need...
but we buy em because we love em.....
I'm keeping the HP4 ...but I was very tempted ...it is lovely

Very nice that, I'm tempted to buy a set of 2nd hand fairings from one of the race teams and get my bro to replicate them, would be a hell of a lot cheaper than 20k.

Latest posts

Back