turning in

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Few of you know, I'm having trouble dropping the bike into a turn to the extent I'm not enjoying the bike in comparison with the others I've had. Lots of advice from various areas (lengthen the wheel base for 1 ) but not one to guess I was chatting to Dave Carnell at Brands at the weekend who runs the s1000rr (from gen1 to date) and he said raising the rear would transform it. Apparently, it would be on the lowest setting in standard form. Have thought it but needed someone who runs these to confirm. The adjusting nut (pictured with the holes in) does apparently raise/lower at 3mm per hole. I've turned it 2 holes which should be 6 mm. Hours run today on the road confirms the improvement, roll on Almeria !! I really hope this improves my enjoyment.... M1000rr is different....
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:
Does that gap actually equate to the height adjustment? I see you put 3mm per hole in your original post and that you adjusted it two holes which you think equates to 6mm.

i might dabble with mine but would prefer to know exactly how much it raises the rear, could easily measure the rear to see I suppose.

Does that gap actually equate to the height adjustment? I see you put 3mm per hole in your original post and that you adjusted it two holes which you think equates to 6mm.

i might dabble with mine but would prefer to know exactly how much it raises the rear, could easily measure the rear to see I suppose.
Yes, should?ve measured from the start. 3mm per hole doesn?t add up. All I can say is the result is promising. I know I?ve adjusted by 2 holes so I have a starting point

When I get a chance I?ll adjust mine through the range and make a note of the results. I won?t go to the point where you have to adjust swingarm pivot, which according to the manual is a gap measurement of 12.5mm

When I get a chance I?ll adjust mine through the range and make a note of the results. I won?t go to the point where you have to adjust swingarm pivot, which according to the manual is a gap measurement of 12.5mm

Been thinking about that, I'm not knowledgeable enough to play with the arm pivot, just want to feel a better turn in, I'm not chasing tenths so maybe best to leave alone lol.

Pardon me for stating the bleeding obvious bananaman, but have you checked or set the sag measurement front and rear and adjusted the respective preloads for your weight?

Just to add my, somewhat tardy, two-penneth into this thread.

I was advised by a keen, and fast, track day rider who has a lot of experience of running S1000s to make this change whilst I was at Portimao last weekend. He rotated the collar by 360 degrees (not sure how many holes that equates to). The impact is indeed a noticeable improvement, with the bike turn-in so much improved. The change just seems to make the bike flow into the corner so much better. I could detect no adverse impacts.

I only use my bike on track and am not a racer but was posting semi reasonable times around Portimao. I'd recommend that others in a similar position consider making this simple, but effective adjustment.

Thanks to Bananaman for raising it.

ah ok you increased the ride height at the rear by one full turn. which improved the turn in.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back