Trip Meter Won't Reset

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eggmx

Hi all, first post.
Had my 2010 since new. The trip meter has decided to not reset or scroll through anymore and also main beam headlight doesn't work (both problems started at same time). I've checked bulbs and all fuses but all OK. Anyone got any ideas?

Not as such. It's a known issue with the switchgear from a third party manufacturer. This problem also occurs on other BMW bikes and has been going on for several years. BMW decided a while back to replace faulty switchgear foc, probably because it is potentially very dangerous.

Dealers usually swap left and right at the same time. The logic is that if one side has failed the components are from the original manufacturer of the rubbish stuff, so might as well replace both before the other one fails. BMW did source new / revised switchgear, so it'd be unusual to have this problem again.

The dealer will need to diagnose your problem by looking at the bike, and there has been reasonable lead times on getting replacement switchgear stock, but you may be fortunate :).

That's really helpful, thanks. I'll mention it to dealer when it's next in for service.

Latest posts

Back