Light problems

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
Hi people.
I have a lighting problem.
No main beam, bulb ok. No low beam, bulb ok. Main beam blue indicator on all the time,
both fuses 4&5 are good.
Disconnect the outer head light plug on the left side and main beam switch works as it should. Plug it back in, back to main beam switch not working and blue indicator on full time.
Can?t get my head round it.

Regards Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi people.
I have a lighting problem.
No main beam, bulb ok. No low beam, bulb ok. Main beam blue indicator on all the time,
both fuses 4&5 are good.
Disconnect the outer head light plug on the left side and main beam switch works as it should. Plug it back in, back to main beam switch not working and blue indicator on full time.
Can?t get my head round it.

Regards Karl
Typical electrical problem and process of elimination.. could be a bad earth, are the lamps sitting in the housings correctly and the multiplugs fully secure..

Has this just occurred and were they fully operational prior to ?.

My hunch is the switchgear, quite easy to take apart... my heated grips icon was on constant the other day, had to work on/off a dozen times along with some WD..

I'd take it apart and have a look..its not that difficult.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Typical electrical problem and process of elimination.. could be a bad earth, are the lamps sitting in the housings correctly and the multiplugs fully secure..

Has this just occurred and were they fully operational prior to ?.

My hunch is the switchgear, quite easy to take apart... my heated grips icon was on constant the other day, had to work on/off a dozen times along with some WD..

I'd take it apart and have a look..its not that difficult.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
thanks for the reply and advice. Only had the bike about 2 weeks. It had a light fault sort of on and off from day one. I think I may be on the right track, for yellow relays under the passenger seat. The connections in the plug are quit corroded. One removed broke a rusted connector off. The bad earth sounds like a good call. Again grateful for the help.
ill see how it goes and let you know.
cheers K

Latest posts

Back