Track day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of interest are you using std footpegs or got raised rearsets?

if this was to me, ive got HP rearsets on the top pushed back setting. my boot wasn't on the peg when it scrapped. it was between the side of the bike and the floor pushing the bike back up just like marquez would do it.lol. also this was on the road not track, unfortunately ive got an 11 plate for track so no lean indicator.:(

Last edited:
Got HP's on mine, have them 10mm down for comfort, my knee touches down around 44/5 deg's then my boot slider touches down not long after at high 40's. Will need to raise them next time I'm on track but interested to hear how you and Marzy had your pegs set up to achieve such high angles of lean.

my knees normally go down at 47 to 48 degrees but i have short legs and i very rarely get my toes down unless the front slides out.:)

I haven't got the time to view my lean angle on the move lol. i just ride it and druel over the 59 deg when i come in:Banane45:

Trying to achieve the highest lean angle reading is a recipe for disaster(I know)!
The best way to use it is,on track,is to set a lap time,then try to improve that time with LESS lean angle.
In other words,get your backside off the side of the bike followed by moving your upper body off the side in the turn rather than counter-steering(this also has the benefit of making you relax your grip,which also allows the bike to turn).Then,on exit,weight the pegs and use your upper body to pick the bike up and accelerate out of the turn.
I always try to keep the angle below 55 where possible because there is more to be gained accelerating than cornering(apart from turn2 Almeria-that's where the photographer takes particularly good pics!).

Couldn't agree with you more baz. Like Steve Plater once said to me "the seat ain't there for sitting on"

Back